Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Default Sayonara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Seems kinda inspired by this old Paul Harvey track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGVC...eature=related

I'm not sure about the one Jim posted, but I think Paul Harvey was
generally sincere in his beliefs; he was a respectable fellow even to
people who disagreed with him.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:33:54 -0700, Joel Koltner
wrote:

Seems kinda inspired by this old Paul Harvey track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGVC...eature=related

I'm not sure about the one Jim posted, but I think Paul Harvey was
generally sincere in his beliefs; he was a respectable fellow even to
people who disagreed with him.

Paul Harvey and Hugh Downs, my former neighbors when I lived "up
north".

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

I like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8O7...eature=related

Jamie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:28:00 -0700, Joel Koltner
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

It also has something Michael Moore doesn't, honesty.

Now, you may argue there are 'other reasons' but it doesn't alter the
fact that strangling energy supplies and increasing cost is the most
effective way to destroy an economy,

I am pretty sure mileage *doubled* after the '73 oil shock. There's
been considerable tech. improvement since - 42 MPG isn't
out of reach.

Oil in the US used for commuting has a lot more elasticity in
demand than we give it credit. The people who will be hurt
will be people who have to use a truck for service small businesses,
but hopefully, mileage deductions will continue for them.

as exemplified by our Dear Leader
explaining his cap and trade program would necessarily "skyrocket"
cost, that when Congress wouldn't pass it his administration would do
it anyway, even 'worse', and the EPA announcing they are on a mission
to "crucify" the oil and gas industry, in addition to bankrupting the
coal industry.

In short, this administration has been on a 4 year quest to destroy
every viable source of domestic energy supply.

They're doing it wrong, then. Imagine that

Natural gas is at record lows in price.
I dunno *what* happened with oil, but it'll most likely de-bubble
pretty soon. Not back to 2006 prices, but low enough.

The government really should allow some additional pipeline capacity,
since that probably caused the price spike ( best I can tell - it
all seems to have been related to storage capacities in Cushing ).

--
Les Cargill
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

If I wanted America to fail I'd put 45 mammals on the endangered species
list, and 46 clams.

I'd make the cost of regulatory compliance 10% of GDP, not including the
cost of time waiting for approvals.

But that's just what I'd have done in the 20th century. I'd do all sorts of
new things now.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

It also has something Michael Moore doesn't, honesty.

The Main Thing Is Honesty. If You Can Fake That, Youve Got It Made
(various attributions)

I'll take truth in preference to honesty any day.

--
š‚šƒ 100% natural

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:01:46 -0400, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

If I wanted America to fail I'd put 45 mammals on the endangered species
list, and 46 clams.

I'd make the cost of regulatory compliance 10% of GDP, not including the
cost of time waiting for approvals.

But that's just what I'd have done in the 20th century. I'd do all
sorts of new things now.

I'm thinking that's not the problem. We want to fix the blame on some
group, or an individual, or a mentality or a political party or
whatever. I think it's way more complex than that, and probably not
amenable to being fixed.

As I look now at the US, I am struck by the similarities between us and
England ~100 years ago. England was the main superpower at the time,
with an almost-invincible navy, colonies and other territories throughout
the world - "the sun never sets on the British Empire." But the sun sets
for everyone.

England wound up doing what we're doing - letting herself go, screwing
around with the stock market, usury, excessive credit, too much military,
not enough social services, pig-headed arrogance, and on and on. I guess
when you're the masters of the world, you don't have to pay attention to
what the little people say...

Eventually it all fell apart. I see that happening here in the US now.
Seems to me that as a country we've grown "old" so to speak, and are now
declining into senescence. If we follow England's course, we'll become a
second-rate power, not helpless but not able to impose our will as easily
as before.

Looks to me like China's turn is next to be the big kid on the block.
Russia is also declining; India, while massive, hasn't yet had a
renaissance. The countries of Islam are so far behind in science that
they pose little threat at the moment. But China... it has the
population, the money, the scientific training, everything it needs to
start to kick ass and take names. And I don't think there's a damned
thing anyone can do about it.

--
It's certainly easy to calculate the average attendance for Perl
conferences.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On 4/26/2012 2:28 PM, Joel Koltner wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

One video leads to another and I end up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bavou_SEj1E

At 2:18 she says "somebody needs to pay for all my children...take care
of all our suffering... somebody needs to be held accountable."

Mikek

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

"amdx" wrote in message ...

One video leads to another and I end up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bavou_SEj1E

At 2:18 she says "somebody needs to pay for all my children...take
care of all our suffering... somebody needs to be held accountable."

I suggest that anyone (but preferably welfare recipients and mentally
deficient), be given a "bounty" of, say, $5000, in return for voluntary
sterilization. And tax exemptions, as well as welfare benefits, should not
be extended beyond two children. Some of these people claim that children
are a "gift from God", and those in the "righteous right" don't agree with
birth control. So, let "God" take care of these "gifts". The churches and
bible thumpers should bear the cost of "taking care" of these children. It's
really a crime that children grow up in such dysfunctional "families", and
their values are so screwed up that they will perpetuate the paradigm of
cradle-to-grave welfare and irresponsible procreation, as well as criminal
behavior, immorality, violence, and substance abuse.

This is one of many areas where neither the stereotypical left wing OR right
wing extremists offer anything useful. It requires common sense and logic,
not emotion and religion. But politicians, and the masses of humanity they
represent, are woefully deficient in the former, and blinded and deluded by
the latter. This is one area where the "godless communists" such as the
Chinese have a huge advantage over us. Maybe "better red than bred"!

Paul

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

It also has something Michael Moore doesn't, honesty.

The Main Thing Is Honesty. If You Can Fake That, Youve Got It Made
(various attributions)

I'll take truth in preference to honesty any day.

Lets be "Honest" now, you may not want to know the "Truth".

Jamie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

It also has something Michael Moore doesn't, honesty.

The Main Thing Is Honesty. If You Can Fake That, Youve Got It Made
(various attributions)

I'll take truth in preference to honesty any day.

Lets be "Honest" now, you may not want to know the "Truth".

Thats somewhat ambiguous. I probably disagree.

--
š‚šƒ 100% natural

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

It also has something Michael Moore doesn't, honesty.

The Main Thing Is Honesty. If You Can Fake That, Youve Got It Made
(various attributions)

I'll take truth in preference to honesty any day.

Lets be "Honest" now, you may not want to know the "Truth".

Thats somewhat ambiguous. I probably disagree.

--
š‚šƒ 100% natural

The idea of setting truth and honesty against each other is just plain
cracked. Real honesty is rare and precious, but without it we can't
even maintain the _desire_ to know the truth.

The human capacity for self-deception is so very powerful that we have
to resist it with everything we've got, plus whatever outside help we
can get.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg

--
Paul Hovnanian
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

One video leads to another and I end up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bavou_SEj1E

At 2:18 she says "somebody needs to pay for all my children...take care
of all our suffering... somebody needs to be held accountable."

Mikek

The poor thang ;-)

What we need is a welfare rule where adding a kid _after_ you go on welfare
_reduces_ the take.

...Jim Thompson
--

| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Well, hey... it's pretty well-produced; definitely gives Michael Moore
some "competition," I suppose.

One video leads to another and I end up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bavou_SEj1E

At 2:18 she says "somebody needs to pay for all my children...take care
of all our suffering... somebody needs to be held accountable."

Mikek

The poor thang ;-)

What we need is a welfare rule where adding a kid _after_ you go on welfare
_reduces_ the take.

...Jim Thompson

The problem with notions of what is, in essence, a 'child tax' is it
punishes not only the 'excess' child but the others as well.

THAT is _exactly_ the point...
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

Failure is an art..
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
What we need is a welfare rule where adding a kid _after_ you go on welfare
_reduces_ the take.

It's not fair to punish the kids for the misdeeds of their parents.

If you want to be draconian about this, take away any kids after #2 (or
whatever) -- there are plenty of people out there who'd like to adopt
newborns.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:04:00 -0700, Joel Koltner
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
What we need is a welfare rule where adding a kid _after_ you go on welfare
_reduces_ the take.

It's not fair to punish the kids for the misdeeds of their parents.

Of course not. My thoughts were toward _prevention_.

Maybe we make it a requirement to take the injection-style birth control to
ensure no more kids while on welfare?

Or simply neuter them ?:-)

If you want to be draconian about this, take away any kids after #2 (or
whatever) -- there are plenty of people out there who'd like to adopt
newborns.

Perhaps.

...Jim Thompson
--

| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:00:17 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4g...layer_embedded

No matter how I try to escape, a little birdie sends me E-mail saying that
namwolS still spits nonsense.

So I have a cure... shoot all people named namwolS ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--

| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:04:00 -0700, the renowned Joel Koltner
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
What we need is a welfare rule where adding a kid _after_ you go on welfare
_reduces_ the take.

It's not fair to punish the kids for the misdeeds of their parents.

If you want to be draconian about this, take away any kids after #2 (or
whatever) -- there are plenty of people out there who'd like to adopt
newborns.

...or require the parent(s) to show cause why they should not be
removed. Maybe sterilization and/or turning their vote over to the
political party in power at the time could be a defense.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany