Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default Project Box

Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:21:24 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson

Check the 'cases' pages at All Electronics.
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...5/Cases/1.html

They have some that are just a little larger or smaller than the
dimensions you listed.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

That's a travel toothbrush holder.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 3/23/2012 2:21 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson

http://www.mpja.com/email/03-20-12.asp?r=291490&s=12

2.55 x 1.77 x 1.34

http://www.mpja.com/3in-X-2in-X-11in...info/15522+BX/

3 x 2 x 1

http://www.mpja.com/269in-X-169in-X-...info/15917+BX/

2.69 x 1.69 x 1.19

These are all O.D. numbers.

Close as I can get today.
Mikek
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:21:24 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson

I've got some about that size that I got a long time ago surplus.
They're very nice die-cast aluminum, and I'm pretty sure that the blue
paint on them is from DEC.

They look very Hammond-ish -- have you looked at the Hammond website?
For that matter, have you looked on the DigiKey or Mouser web sites?

http://www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

They look very Hammond-ish -- have you looked at the Hammond website?
For that matter, have you looked on the DigiKey or Mouser web sites?

Jim doesn't look for anything. He has enablers on SED that do the work
for him.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

That's a travel toothbrush holder.

I was thinking along similar sort of lines - a lighter presentation case
sprang to mind until I took a closer look at the narrow measurements.

Maybe something completely off the wall - like a presentation case for a
fancy pen or even teenagers "dressing up" necklace type thing.

Some pharmacies in the UK sell ultra-slim reading glasses (about £5 last
time I bought some) they're in an oval case a bit longer and narrower than
specified, but other makes have jumped on the bandwaggon and some are not as
compact.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

That's a travel toothbrush holder.

I was thinking along similar sort of lines - a lighter presentation case
sprang to mind until I took a closer look at the narrow measurements.

Maybe something completely off the wall - like a presentation case for a
fancy pen or even teenagers "dressing up" necklace type thing.

Some pharmacies in the UK sell ultra-slim reading glasses (about £5 last
time I bought some) they're in an oval case a bit longer and narrower than
specified, but other makes have jumped on the bandwaggon and some are not as
compact.

---
Interesting that, after all of your pretense to the contrary, it's
becoming more and more apparent that the match between you and
electronics certainly wasn't made in heaven.

Do you even know what a "project box" comprises?

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message news
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson
--

On the small side
http://www.pactecenclosures.com/product-detail.php?productid=211&seriesid=64&classid=31

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Well since you're so clueless, there wouldn't be any point trying to explain
it to you.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:54:57 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message news
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson
--

On the small side
http://www.pactecenclosures.com/product-detail.php?productid=211&seriesid=64&classid=31
http://www.budind.com/view/Plastic+Boxes/Hand-Held+Grabber+Style+P
http://www.budind.com/view/Plastic+Boxes/PI+series

Cheers

Thanks, Martin! That PacTec one just might work.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

If you need the exact dimension, and if it is just for prototyping or a
small number of boxes, you could design your own and print it at
Shapeways. I've done this before for a prototype:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/45083...e1061348d51683

I've created this model in some minutes with ViaCAD 3D (the cheap
version), nice CAD program. After painting the white plastic with
metalic paint, it looked great :-)

http://www.frank-buss.de/shapeways/case2.jpg

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and mo http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:20:31 +0100, Frank Buss
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

If you need the exact dimension, and if it is just for prototyping or a
small number of boxes, you could design your own and print it at
Shapeways. I've done this before for a prototype:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/45083...e1061348d51683

I've created this model in some minutes with ViaCAD 3D (the cheap
version), nice CAD program. After painting the white plastic with
metalic paint, it looked great :-)

http://www.frank-buss.de/shapeways/case2.jpg

Nice!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 3/23/2012 5:24 PM, miso wrote:

They look very Hammond-ish -- have you looked at the Hammond website?
For that matter, have you looked on the DigiKey or Mouser web sites?

Jim doesn't look for anything. He has enablers on SED that do the work
for him.

I'm quick to pull that trigger too!
But it's one of those things where someone may have have just seen
that or knows about it. Like the boxes I posted, I just happened to get
the email the day before. (even though they were a little bigger than
he ask for.)
Mikek
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

For some reason, I can not help from having that long time memorial
quote come to mine.

"Calling the kettle black"
Jamie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:45:40 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 3/23/2012 5:24 PM, miso wrote:

They look very Hammond-ish -- have you looked at the Hammond website?
For that matter, have you looked on the DigiKey or Mouser web sites?

Jim doesn't look for anything. He has enablers on SED that do the work
for him.

I'm quick to pull that trigger too!
But it's one of those things where someone may have have just seen
that or knows about it. Like the boxes I posted, I just happened to get
the email the day before. (even though they were a little bigger than
he ask for.)
Mikek

I had surfed, but found nothing. But Martin Riddle had a source I
hadn't stumbled over. Thanks, Martin!

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:02:31 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

Exactly ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

Broth is the fancy name for dishwashing water - how much weaker than that
can you get?!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

In article , To-Email-Use-
says...

Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3"

...Jim Thompson

Might want to check out mpja.com - I believe I've seen smaller project
boxes available there and the price isn't so bad.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

Broth is the fancy name for dishwashing water - how much weaker than that
can you get?!!!

I thought that was the left over after the 7 day stew got depleted?

Jamie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

Broth is the fancy name for dishwashing water - how much weaker than that
can you get?!!!

I thought that was the left over after the 7 day stew got depleted?

Jamie

The washing up water from the pan would be thicker than broth.

Last I had was tinned Scotch broth and it *actually* tasted soapy!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

Broth is the fancy name for dishwashing water - how much weaker than that
can you get?!!!

---
Your posts?

--
JF

Run along you silly little boy.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Some people don't appreciate seaweed, salt, and tofu!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

I think making requests for something tricky like picking a transistor
makes sense. Phil Hobbs has an amazing memory for discretes.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:24:51 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

.. .

Jim Thompson wrote:

Miso is a soup/schmuck with nothing to offer but snarky BS.

Miso soup is a weak broth.

Broth is the fancy name for dishwashing water - how much weaker than that
can you get?!!!

---
Your posts?

--
JF

Run along you silly little boy.

---
See what I mean?

Nothing at all clever, or incisive, just the knee-jerk reaction of a
typical hooligay who fancies himself.

--
JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:52:43 -0700, miso wrote:

Some people don't appreciate seaweed, salt, and tofu!

Too bad the blend presented seems to be nothing but salty.

?-/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

josephkk wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:52:43 -0700, wrote:

Some people don't appreciate seaweed, salt, and tofu!

Too bad the blend presented seems to be nothing but salty.

?-/

Yah gots it rong!
Make base comments with acid tounge and ya gits salty language.

Project done. Tim Wescott Metalworking 3 March 5th 12 04:03 AM
But not really OT..this could be my next project. DanG Woodworking 3 February 1st 11 11:25 PM
I have a project! Mark and Kim Smith Woodworking 14 November 14th 05 08:21 PM
New project Justice Electronics 2 November 6th 05 08:02 PM
some project Dave Hinz Woodworking 7 January 28th 05 02:58 AM