DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Tie-wrap strain relief - Emergency Battery Tester.jpg (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/334614-tie-wrap-strain-relief-emergency-battery-tester-jpg.html)

John Fields January 20th 12 05:46 PM

Tie-wrap strain relief - Emergency Battery Tester.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

Jim Thompson[_3_] January 20th 12 05:57 PM

Tie-wrap strain relief - Emergency Battery Tester.jpg

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:46:17 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

Good thing it's all DC ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

ehsjr[_3_] January 20th 12 07:05 PM

Tie-wrap strain relief - Emergency Battery Tester.jpg

Very pretty. :-)
Ed

Paul Hovnanian P.E. January 21st 12 10:04 PM

Tie-wrap strain relief - Emergency Battery Tester.jpg

Neat job.

One question: Why isn't the terminal strip over on the left side mounted so
that the screws are facing out (toward the open back of the cabinet)? It
would be a bitch to squeeze a screwdriver in there to lift one wire off a
terminal after assembly.

--
Paul Hovnanian
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

John Fields January 22nd 12 09:59 PM

Tie-wrap strain relief - Emergency Battery Tester.jpg - EBTpanel.pdf

1 Attachment(s)
On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:04:44 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Neat job.

---
Thanks!
---

One question: Why isn't the terminal strip over on the left side mounted so
that the screws are facing out (toward the open back of the cabinet)? It
would be a bitch to squeeze a screwdriver in there to lift one wire off a
terminal after assembly.

---
No room; that's not the open back of the cabinet, it's where the front
panel lives.

PDF attached.

For maintenance, the hardware attaching the resistor board standoffs
to the chassis is removed and the board flexed back against the
harness to gain access to the terminal block.

There's a military circular connector at the other end of the cable,
and the only maintenance required would be to replace the cable assy
if it got damaged. So far, so good, 15 years and counting... :-)

--
JF