Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default DVD player prob

.. . . I did that which I didn't wish to (from a previous post) and did cut
one wire on the DVD drive motor...it showed resistance. Just to be sure
(cheapo multimeter) I ran 7 vdc (from a model RY controller) and the motor
spun with no problems...
.. . . Now I am in some deep do-do. Anyone have any suggestion(s) on how to
check the small circuit board feeding the drive motor? I pulled and
re-inserted the two small ribbon cables (between the motherboard and DVD
frame) a few times, just to make sure no corosion was in the contacts and
that did not help. I would imagine the narrowest ribbon cable is the
power/control feed, and the widest one is the data cable. The laser tracking
slide moves on its on and the laser is illuminated.
.. . . I have an old Sony VX515 version of this DVD/RW-CD/RW/VHS/RW and I am
using all its functions alot. I am sure my friend would appreciate this one
having its DVD working. Mine is the only machine I own that plays mp-3's.
.. . .in advance. . .thanks to the past help and any further assistance.
.. . . . . .charlie.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Chas" wrote in message
. . . I did that which I didn't wish to (from a previous post) and did cut
one wire on the DVD drive motor...it showed resistance. Just to be sure
(cheapo multimeter) I ran 7 vdc (from a model RY controller) and the motor
spun with no problems...
. . . Now I am in some deep do-do. Anyone have any suggestion(s) on how
to check the small circuit board feeding the drive motor?

Taking care not to look at the laser (just in case its working) see if the
spindle moves at all at power up - it may not be getting the signals it
expects from the optical head and going into shutdown.

I asked on here a while ago what wavelength a DVD laser is, without looking
it up I think it might be yellow or amber, so you should be able to see if
its working - but don't look directly at it, you should be able to see well
enough from a safe angle.

If you ask on sci.electronics.repair there's people there who do this stuff
for a living.

T-shooting MP3/CD player and TV/DVD player with similar problems Jon Que Dough Electronics Repair 1 February 1st 10 09:28 AM
Faucet prob Frank[_5_] Home Repair 2 October 17th 07 09:28 PM
Another dishwasher prob eastender UK diy 2 February 2nd 07 12:25 PM
5en aoc prob yhan Electronics Repair 0 January 19th 06 11:50 PM
help! LPG gas oven prob Huj UK diy 8 November 19th 05 02:40 PM