DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Relay contact ratings (from sed) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/333016-relay-contact-ratings-sed.html)

John Fields December 13th 11 11:40 PM

Relay contact ratings (from sed)

Copy the four files into the same folder and then left-click on
Sylvia's defroster2.asc. You should see the schematic and plot panes
appear and you can run the sim by either left-clicking the running man
icon on the toolbar or right-clicking the background of the schematic
and then left-clicking RUN.

I couldn't find a CD4060 model, so I substituted a 4020 which is
essentially the same thing except it has a couple (few?) more Q
outputs than the 4060 and no internal oscillator.

I also substituted a 10H inductor with a 300 ohm internal resistance
for the relay coil.

Note that the counter outputs are taken from Q1 instead of Q14.

The reason for that is that it would take a really long time to
simulate it all the way out to 16384 clocks, and the ratio of cold to
hot will stay the same as long as the same taps are used for both hot
and cold, so fast sim is a good sim.

--
JF