Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Cat 6 cable - Page56.pdf (0/1)

Here is my first try:

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"josephkk" wrote in message

Here is my first try:

I see both pdf's

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:37:53 -0800, josephkk
wrote:

Here is my first try:

That worked fine.

The page specifies a max prop delay of 555 ns, but doesn't specify the
length of the cable. Sounds like about 100 meters maybe.

The skew spec is awesome: 50 ns, or about 10% of the prop delay.
That's scary.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Here is my first try:

That worked fine.

The page specifies a max prop delay of 555 ns, but doesn't specify the
length of the cable. Sounds like about 100 meters maybe.

The skew spec is awesome: 50 ns, or about 10% of the prop delay. That's
scary.

The method used to control crosstalk in UTP cables is to vary the twist
rate between pairs, so there is a pretty good difference in length of
wire between the pair with the slowest twist and the pair with the
fastest twist. IIRC the construction of Cat cables has both increased
the twist difference and tightened up the twist tolerance with every
increase in speed grade, to I would expect the skew in Cat 6a to be the
worst, but the most predictable.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Here is my first try:

That worked fine.

The page specifies a max prop delay of 555 ns, but doesn't specify the
length of the cable. Sounds like about 100 meters maybe.

The skew spec is awesome: 50 ns, or about 10% of the prop delay. That's
scary.

The method used to control crosstalk in UTP cables is to vary the twist
rate between pairs, so there is a pretty good difference in length of
wire between the pair with the slowest twist and the pair with the
fastest twist. IIRC the construction of Cat cables has both increased
the twist difference and tightened up the twist tolerance with every
increase in speed grade, to I would expect the skew in Cat 6a to be the
worst, but the most predictable.

Apparently you can buy two kinds of CAT6A cable, individually shielded
and not. I'd hope that the individually shielded stuff has the same
twist on all the pairs.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:45:29 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"josephkk" wrote in message
.. .

Here is my first try:

I see both pdf's

Cheers

You are the only one that has reported seeing both. Even i don't; Agent 6
in wine over openSuse linux. What do you use?

?-)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In article ,
josephkk wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:45:29 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"josephkk" wrote in message
.. .

Here is my first try:

I see both pdf's

Cheers

You are the only one that has reported seeing both. Even i don't; Agent 6
in wine over openSuse linux. What do you use?

I also see both.

--
Regards,

John Byrns

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:42:49 -0600, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
josephkk wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:45:29 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"josephkk" wrote in message
.. .

Here is my first try:

I see both pdf's

Cheers

You are the only one that has reported seeing both. Even i don't; Agent 6
in wine over openSuse linux. What do you use?

I also see both.

So do I

I see two posts of 211 lines, posted 10:37 PM & 10:41 PM.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 03:18:40 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:42:49 -0600, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
josephkk wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:45:29 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"josephkk" wrote in message
.. .

Here is my first try:

I see both pdf's

Cheers

You are the only one that has reported seeing both. Even i don't; Agent 6
in wine over openSuse linux. What do you use?

I also see both.

So do I

I see two posts of 211 lines, posted 10:37 PM & 10:41 PM.

Same here except I'm in a different time zone so my reader says 9:37
PM and 9:41 PM

Propagation of ABSE has always been flaky.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Propagation of ABSE has always been flaky.

That's not propagation. It's just that my clocks point to a different
hour for the same UTC.

I'm talking about some people not seeing it on their chosen news
server, or only seeing one of the two posts.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"josephkk" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:45:29 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"josephkk" wrote in message
. ..

Here is my first try:

I see both pdf's

Cheers

You are the only one that has reported seeing both. Even i don't;
Agent 6
in wine over openSuse linux. What do you use?

?-)

Eternal September and Windows Live mail.

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

There are also two types of shielded CAT6A; fully shielded and semi-
shielded, which consists of unconnected bands of foil shielding not
connected to anything, providing an additional 10 dB reduction in
crosstalk (at 10 GBPS) without requiring a signal common to connect the
shield to. Fully shielded provides even more reduction in crosstalk, but
I am pretty sure all varieties use twist pitch variation also, including
CAT7 which is only available in fully shielded. Shielding is never 100%
effective, so twist variation is still beneficial.

If low skew is more important than low crosstalk then a CAT type cable is
probably not a good choice. You could make your own cable from 4 pieces
of the same single STP cable for very low volumes, or have someone like
Cooner Cable make a custom cable for you.

I might have mentioned this last week but I have been out of internet
range again (Adirondacks). Went out for a short canoe trip yesterday
morning, but had to cut it short when we came to a spot where the choppy
water (20 to 30 MPH wind) suddenly turned smooth as far ahead as we could
see :-).

Glen
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

I just happened to notice that Belden claims a patented "all pairs
identical" construction (without explaining exactly what that means) with
a guaranteed skew limit of 25 ns per 100 meters with CAT5e UTP. You
could call their tech support number to see if this (or something else
they make) actually has identical twist on all pairs. (Their CAT6 and
CAT6A cables have skew limits of 30 and 35 ns respectively, probably
indicative of increasing twist differences).

http://www.belden.com/docs/upload/NP288.pdf