Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default diode-test from sed

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diode_Test.pdf (35.1 KB, 45 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

petrus bitbyter wrote:
a link to a .pdf

Just wondering, did anyone else's newsreader open that PDF for them and show
it "live" online? All I got was a link. You can post a link on a textual
group. A link in a.b.s.e is a teaser. Do you have it in .gif or .png
format? I wanna see images!!!!!!!

;-)
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In article ,
Rich Grise wrote:

petrus bitbyter wrote:
a link to a .pdf

Just wondering, did anyone else's newsreader open that PDF for them and show
it "live" online? All I got was a link. You can post a link on a textual
group. A link in a.b.s.e is a teaser. Do you have it in .gif or .png
format? I wanna see images!!!!!!!

;-)
Rich

All I saw was a nice piece of graph paper. No trace was evident.
It was a pdf.

--
Fred Lotte

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:33:45 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

petrus bitbyter wrote:
a link to a .pdf

Just wondering, did anyone else's newsreader open that PDF for them and
show it "live" online? All I got was a link. You can post a link on a
textual group. A link in a.b.s.e is a teaser. Do you have it in .gif or
.png
format? I wanna see images!!!!!!!

;-)
Rich

I have no idea what you mean. The PDF is a uuencoded attachment to the
message. There is no 'link'.

This is exactly what KNode 0.10.4 (Using KDE 3.5.4) shows me:

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:14:27 -0700, Rich Grise

Yeah, I know, upgrade. Why do they insist on continuing to make
working stuff obsolete?

Well, if nothing ever changed we'd still be using sand tablets and
pebbles

The other things they've come up with have been improvements on what
have gone before. Somebody came up with a way to show images right
there at your fingertips, which was just fine and dandy. Then some
other scriptkiddie comes up with some new way to make the existing
systems that used to work just fine, not work any more.

You do see the difference, don't you, flipper? I'd always assumed
you were one of the astute ones.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
petrus bitbyter wrote:
a link to a .pdf

Just wondering, did anyone else's newsreader open that PDF for them and
show
it "live" online? All I got was a link. You can post a link on a textual
group. A link in a.b.s.e is a teaser. Do you have it in .gif or .png
format? I wanna see images!!!!!!!

Opened with Window Live Mail as a PDF attachment just fine.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:16:30 -0700, Rich Grise
flipper wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:14:27 -0700, Rich Grise

Yeah, I know, upgrade. Why do they insist on continuing to make
working stuff obsolete?

Well, if nothing ever changed we'd still be using sand tablets and
pebbles

The other things they've come up with have been improvements on what
have gone before. Somebody came up with a way to show images right
there at your fingertips, which was just fine and dandy. Then some
other scriptkiddie comes up with some new way to make the existing
systems that used to work just fine, not work any more.

You do see the difference, don't you, flipper? I'd always assumed
you were one of the astute ones.

That part of my reply was what I like to call "a joke."

I still don't know why it doesn't work on yours and if reading PDFs
used to work it still should. If it didn't then that's 'new' and not a
scriptkiddie breaking things.

Did he use a different mime type than your news reader expects?

Oh, I didn't have any trouble opening the PDF - it's just that when
I originally opened the post, my newsreader didn't expand the pdf on
the fly for me.

I'm less drunk tonight, too, so you might have to take me with the
standard grain of salt. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:03:40 -0700, Rich Grise

I'm less drunk tonight, too, so you might have to take me with the
standard grain of salt. ;-)

Margaritas eh?

No, just vodka water. I am a man of simple tastes; I figure I might
as well be honest about my alcohol - I see no need to dress it up
and pretend I like the flavor! ;-)

Cheers!
Rich