Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Scary Day Right Here in River City

Around 10AM this morning it comes over the radio that there's a
shooting at "Yuma County Courthouse", and an attorney has been shot
dead.

One of our sons-in-law in Chief Deputy County Attorney for Yuma
County... Chief Prosecutor and CSI Supervisor.

We couldn't reach anyone :-(

Wasn't until about 1PM that we heard from our daughter that the
shooting had actually been across the street in a divorce attorney's
office, and that everyone (in our family) was OK...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/432563...me_and_courts/

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:46:36 -0700, "BobW"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Around 10AM this morning it comes over the radio that there's a
shooting at "Yuma County Courthouse", and an attorney has been shot
dead.

One of our sons-in-law in Chief Deputy County Attorney for Yuma
County... Chief Prosecutor and CSI Supervisor.

We couldn't reach anyone :-(

Wasn't until about 1PM that we heard from our daughter that the
shooting had actually been across the street in a divorce attorney's
office, and that everyone (in our family) was OK...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/432563...me_and_courts/

...Jim Thompson
--

Damn! That's a little too close to home. Glad to hear that your kid-in-law
is okay.

Bob

Thanks! A wee-bit unnerving for awhile. (And the daughter's office
is just down the block... she's the United Way administrator.)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Around 10AM this morning it comes over the radio that there's a
shooting at "Yuma County Courthouse", and an attorney has been shot
dead.

One of our sons-in-law in Chief Deputy County Attorney for Yuma
County... Chief Prosecutor and CSI Supervisor.

We couldn't reach anyone :-(

Wasn't until about 1PM that we heard from our daughter that the
shooting had actually been across the street in a divorce attorney's
office, and that everyone (in our family) was OK...

Recently I had a similar experience because of a lunatic emptying a
few guns at a small mall. My closest relatives go shopping over there.
They are OK but some people they know got shot.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 06/02/2011 04:00 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Around 10AM this morning it comes over the radio that there's a
shooting at "Yuma County Courthouse", and an attorney has been shot
dead.

One of our sons-in-law in Chief Deputy County Attorney for Yuma
County... Chief Prosecutor and CSI Supervisor.

We couldn't reach anyone :-(

Wasn't until about 1PM that we heard from our daughter that the
shooting had actually been across the street in a divorce attorney's
office, and that everyone (in our family) was OK...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/432563...me_and_courts/

But it was only a _divorce_ attorney* :/

I remember a first-aid call** for a shooting at our local bank, right
across the street from my dad's shop. It got tapped out, and rather
than driving Father just snagged his kit from his rig and jogged across
the road. Just about the time that he got out of earshot it came over
the radio that it was believed that the gunman was still inside.

We were tense for a bit, there -- I'm sure it was just an echo of the
feeling that you had.

* I hope my favorite neighbor, the family law practitioner, doesn't read
s.e.d!

** My father was on the Boring Volunteer Fire Department until they
kicked him out on his 70th birthday.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:42:40 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On 06/02/2011 04:00 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Around 10AM this morning it comes over the radio that there's a
shooting at "Yuma County Courthouse", and an attorney has been shot
dead.

One of our sons-in-law in Chief Deputy County Attorney for Yuma
County... Chief Prosecutor and CSI Supervisor.

We couldn't reach anyone :-(

Wasn't until about 1PM that we heard from our daughter that the
shooting had actually been across the street in a divorce attorney's
office, and that everyone (in our family) was OK...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/432563...me_and_courts/

But it was only a _divorce_ attorney* :/

Yep. The only calming factor was that I was able to locate the
shooting site on the web within minutes... Smith Fila Law Offices.

It's quite unlikely that my son-in-law would be out of the courthouse
(except for investigating a crime scene... he's the only person in
Yuma with enough brains to investigate at CSI levels :-)

I figured divorce or defense attorney... possibly someone got sent up,
and when they got out, got even ;-)