Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Thompson's Honey-Do Project of the Day

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote
in :

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

Ty-Wraps?

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Fender washers? Or get some metal loop straps and hang the basket off
the rail.
Better WAF (wife acceptance factor) for the second Option.

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 May 2011 14:52:40 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

P Clips, plastic or metal
eg
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/...55&Ntt=p+clips

or similar from your favoured supplier.

--
Regards
Malcolm
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in
message ...
Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer
glide.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens
|
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et
|
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus

| Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only |

| Voice480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass
Rat |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the
food.

Try rec.woodworking or even alt.home.repair. Unless you really
want a clever circuit designer solution.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

P Clips, plastic or metal
eg
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/...55&Ntt=p+clips

or similar from your favoured supplier.

Aha! Couldn't remember "p-clip" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

P Clips, plastic or metal
eg
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/...55&Ntt=p+clips

or similar from your favoured supplier.

Aha! Couldn't remember "p-clip" :-)

...Jim Thompson

The wire diameter is 0.074"

I can't find a p-clip that small :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 May 2011 18:54:24 -0400, "Abby Brown"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in
message ...
Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer
glide.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens
|
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et
|
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus

| Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only |

| Voice480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass
Rat |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the
food.

Try rec.woodworking or even alt.home.repair. Unless you really
want a clever circuit designer solution.

Robotic attachment ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 May 2011 23:02:22 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

Yep, We have a giant one just a few miles from here.

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

No space to hang, and those aren't deep enough.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

If it's truly what they call under-rail, that means the rail is
beneath the basket. Mount the rails to a piece of plywood cut to
fit the opening. Gives you a sliding shelf to set the basket on.
Affix the basket to the shelf by whatever means you like.

If I've got it wrong, and it is really rails that are top mounted,
here's some possibilities below:

Looks like the "lip" at the top of the basket is about 1/2".
So route or (table saw) a 1/2" deep slot in 2 pieces of 3/4" stock,
each piece the length of the "lip". The "lip" slips into
the slots - the rails mount on the outside of the stock.
Like this:

--- ---
A| --- --- |A
I| |\ /| |I
--- | | ---
| BASKET |
| |
|__________|

You may need to drill a hole down from the top of the stock
through the basket lip so you can screw or dowel (finishing
nail dropped, not driven, into the drilled hole). One at the
front and one at the rear on each side. The above solution
requires a width equal to the basket + 1/2" for the stock
plus whatever the rails need.

If you have more width, you could just build a rectangle into
which the basket fits nicely, mount the rails on the long
legs of the rectangle and install the basket. Then slip the
rails into the corresponding mechanism.

If you have no extra width, cut the stock to fit inside the basket
and screw the rails to the stock from the outside. If you go that
route, round over the edges of the wood so that hands inserted into
the basket have no sharp corners to hit. There's no need for slots
in the stock, but you do want to make sure that the "sandwich" made
by the stock, basket and rail can't move once assembled.

Ed
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

What's the proper name for this...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Wh...ma-call-it.jpg

Just remembered ;-)

Tinnerman.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

What's the proper name for this...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Wh...ma-call-it.jpg

Just remembered ;-)

Tinnerman.

Also 'Spring Nut'

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

JB Weld

--
Les Cargill
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

P Clips, plastic or metal
eg
http://newzealand.rs-online.com/web/...55&Ntt=p+clips

or similar from your favoured supplier.

Aha! Couldn't remember "p-clip" :-)

...Jim Thompson

The wire diameter is 0.074"

I can't find a p-clip that small :-(

...Jim Thompson

The top wire that goes completely around the perimeter looks much more
than 0.074". That is what gives the basket its strength. I envisaged
two clips per side attached to the slider rail. Metal ones could be
arranged as P rather than b so the sliders were slightly lower than
the basket top.
Maybe that wouldn't work in the northern hemisphere :-)

--
Regards
Malcolm

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 May 2011 23:02:22 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

Given the trend in his posts, pretty soon he'll be asking for help to
tie his shoes.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

John Larkin wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 23:02:22 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
Jim Thompson

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

Given the trend in his posts, pretty soon he'll be asking for help to
tie his shoes.

ROFLMAOPIMP!

Thanks!!!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

John Larkin wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2011 23:02:22 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

Given the trend in his posts, pretty soon he'll be asking for help to
tie his shoes.

And sure as hell we WILL have the answer:

http://www.shoebuy.com/velcro-shoes.htm

WE WON'T LET YOU DOWN JIM! :-))

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:50:38 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2011 23:02:22 GMT,
(Nico Coesel)
wrote:

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

Given the trend in his posts, pretty soon he'll be asking for help to
tie his shoes.

And sure as hell we WILL have the answer:

http://www.shoebuy.com/velcro-shoes.htm

WE WON'T LET YOU DOWN JIM! :-))

Yeah, they look like his style.

I used to really like velcro shoes, at least good ones like Adidas,
until people quit making good ones. Tying shoes is silly, and
shoelaces keep cooming loose.

These are great:

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/yankz.jpg

They make any lace-up shoe into a slip-on and keep the tension just
right.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:50:38 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2011 23:02:22 GMT,
(Nico Coesel)
wrote:

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

Sigh. You never heard of Ikea?

We have a couple of these:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30035908

Given the trend in his posts, pretty soon he'll be asking for help to
tie his shoes.

And sure as hell we WILL have the answer:

http://www.shoebuy.com/velcro-shoes.htm

WE WON'T LET YOU DOWN JIM! :-))

Thanks, Nico! I actually had a pair of Ecco's like that
one-upon-a-time. Very comfy :-)

Everyone missed important points... I need to bottom mount, nowhere to
hang glides, plus the type shown don't have full support when pulled
all the way out.

Have to go to the hardware store and check sizes, but one of these
will do the trick...

U-nut: http://tinyurl.com/44tg9ny

Tinnerman and others: http://tinyurl.com/42c589e

(Larkin couldn't find his asshole with a mirror, a flashlight and
assistance from a BU student ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

Done:

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketMounted.jpg

I used Tinnerman nuts to grab the wire.

Someone go tell Larkin that his shoes are untied ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

Done:

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketMounted.jpg

I used Tinnerman nuts to grab the wire.

Someone go tell Larkin that his shoes are untied ;-)

Nice installation, Jim!

--Winston
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketAndRail.jpg

I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide.

...Jim Thompson

Done:

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/WireBasketMounted.jpg

I used Tinnerman nuts to grab the wire.

Someone go tell Larkin that his shoes are untied ;-)

Nice installation, Jim!

--Winston

I aim to please!

...Jim Thompson