Electronic Schematics (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) A place to show and share your electronics schematic drawings.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,022
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter















  #2   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 76
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:31:37 -0500, John Fields wrote:

Uncommented jumble

Wouldn't a 4046 be a better fit?
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 150
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

"John Fields" wrote in message
...

Pardon my ignorance but what does that open with?
How about a GIF or PDF?

  #4   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,022
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:30:26 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
.. .

Pardon my ignorance but what does that open with?
How about a GIF or PDF?


---
Place all the files into a single folder and click on the .asc file.

If you have LTspice on your machine you should see the schematic come
up and then you can run the simulation.

--
JF
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,022
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:01:22 +1000, Grant wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:31:37 -0500, John Fields wrote:

Uncommented jumble


---
Need a circuit description and a timing diagram?
---

Wouldn't a 4046 be a better fit?


---
Dunno.

What did you have in mind?

--
JF


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 150
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

"John Fields" wrote in message
...
On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:30:26 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:
Place all the files into a single folder and click on the .asc file.

If you have LTspice on your machine you should see the schematic come
up and then you can run the simulation.


Much better after getting the current version of LTspice - thank you

  #7   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,181
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:01:22 +1000, Grant wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:31:37 -0500, John Fields wrote:

Uncommented jumble

Wouldn't a 4046 be a better fit?


Or a simple bandwidth-limited differentiator if the system is not too
noisy. (Or pull the reverse trick... integrator as feedback.)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
| Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | |
| Voice480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,022
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Mon, 23 May 2011 16:53:52 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:01:22 +1000, Grant wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:31:37 -0500, John Fields wrote:

Uncommented jumble

Wouldn't a 4046 be a better fit?


Or a simple bandwidth-limited differentiator if the system is not too
noisy. (Or pull the reverse trick... integrator as feedback.)

...Jim Thompson


---
My way is to measure the time between zero crossings, right shift it
by one bit with the LSB on the right edge, and then count it down to
get the sampling edge.

--
JF
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,181
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Mon, 23 May 2011 19:11:35 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 16:53:52 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:01:22 +1000, Grant wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:31:37 -0500, John Fields wrote:

Uncommented jumble

Wouldn't a 4046 be a better fit?


Or a simple bandwidth-limited differentiator if the system is not too
noisy. (Or pull the reverse trick... integrator as feedback.)

...Jim Thompson


---
My way is to measure the time between zero crossings, right shift it
by one bit with the LSB on the right edge, and then count it down to
get the sampling edge.


I know ;-)

Did the OP need that kind of accuracy, particularly given his problem
originated due to extreme band0limiting?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
| Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | |
| Voice480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,022
Default 270 degree zero crossing shifter

On Mon, 23 May 2011 17:14:17 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 19:11:35 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 16:53:52 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:01:22 +1000, Grant wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:31:37 -0500, John Fields wrote:

Uncommented jumble

Wouldn't a 4046 be a better fit?

Or a simple bandwidth-limited differentiator if the system is not too
noisy. (Or pull the reverse trick... integrator as feedback.)

...Jim Thompson


---
My way is to measure the time between zero crossings, right shift it
by one bit with the LSB on the right edge, and then count it down to
get the sampling edge.


I know ;-)

Did the OP need that kind of accuracy, particularly given his problem
originated due to extreme band0limiting?

...Jim Thompson

---
Dunno.


--
JF
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shape Shifter Review Fred Holder Woodturning 6 June 30th 09 03:18 PM
One for the wrinklies - BSA Top tube shifter [email protected] UK diy 9 July 23rd 06 11:02 AM
Can I replace 2.5-mm/40-degree knives with 3-mm/45-degree ones? [email protected] Woodworking 2 June 7th 06 07:04 PM
phase shifter circuit needed Patrick Electronics Repair 1 July 4th 05 03:54 PM
135 Degree worktop joint (external 45 degree) James Simpson UK diy 4 January 28th 04 12:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"