Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Bye, Bye! On Jan 1

Bye, Bye! On Jan 1: Flexible Spending Accounts will no longer be
allowed to purchase over the counter medications.

All you "progressives" (what an oxymoron), enjoy!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Bye, Bye! On Jan 1: Flexible Spending Accounts will no longer be
allowed to purchase over the counter medications.

All you "progressives" (what an oxymoron), enjoy!

...Jim Thompson

Only for OTC drugs, ' unless a prescription is obtained'.

Hey get a prescription. Doctor shopping for Tylenol anyone?

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:20:15 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Bye, Bye! On Jan 1: Flexible Spending Accounts will no longer be
allowed to purchase over the counter medications.

All you "progressives" (what an oxymoron), enjoy!

...Jim Thompson

Only for OTC drugs, ' unless a prescription is obtained'.

Hey get a prescription. Doctor shopping for Tylenol anyone?

Cheers

Yep, OTC. I never take Tylenol... it puts me into shock :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message
Only for OTC drugs, ' unless a prescription is obtained'.
Hey get a prescription. Doctor shopping for Tylenol anyone?

What I wonder is whether or not your typical doctor will write you a
prescription for your various OTC drugs just based on, e.g., a single-visit
with $20 co-pay or whatever... or in the case of folks who are paying for the
complete doctors visit, $100 if they're lucky!... vs. wanting to take a
complete medical history, run some of their own tests, etc. -- all at a
not-at-all-cheap price.

Indeed, I think that -- at least by dollars spent -- the largest chunk of HSAs
has historically gone to OTC drugs, and this change is not at all in the
consumer's best interest. It sounds more like the thing some prescription
drug company lobbyists would have pushed for, knowing that if you're going to
have to see a doctor for OTC drug prescriptions, even if something like
Sudafed has traditionally worked reasonably well for you, you'll be quite
likely to at least give some non-OTC drug a try due to figuring that, in
general, non-OTC drugs are more powerful and therefore perhaps better than the
OTC ones.

---Joel

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
Of course you do. Mommy government wouldn't screw you, right?

In general, no, but the country is so dysfunctional today that even reasonable
people will do things like, oh, say, vote on a bill despite not having read or
received summaries of what's in all 2400 pages of it. Or even if they have,
understanding that few bills are 100% agreeable and sometimes it's best to
vote for those that are, say, "mostly" good.

'Free' healthcare has to be paid for, you know, and the cap alone is
expected to raise $13 billion

Well, cutting back HSA benefits is a dishonest way to go about doing it.

And so it was written that with the stroke of a pen the Lord Congress
almighty and their right hand regulator giveth and taketh away all
things.

The HSA bit here seems like something that should be easy for Republicans to
fix, though -- with a very simple bill that just reverts HSAs to pre-Obamacare
terms and nothing more, what Democrat would stand there and claim that, no,
it's better if you can't save as much for yourself? Even the viable argument
of, "I won't vote for it unless there's money to pay for the shortfall doing
so will create" doesn't usually pass muster with the voters.

---Joel

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
"In general" government routinely screws people and this
administration has that as their proclaimed core principle called
'spread the wealth' and 'social justice': the process of deliberately
picking groups to 'screw' for the purpose of bribing the others.

Hmm, that is a rather interesting premise... do you really think the
administratoin is that scheming? Or they aren't even aware of what they're
doing?

I dispute your premise. The 'reasonable people' didn't vote for it.

Well, that's a representative democracy for you, I guess...

Those people don't care about principles, law, the Constitution, or
process and Obama explicitly said so when the matter was brought up,
proclaiming that 'the people', a proxy term for himself, don't care
about 'the process'.

At least he thinks Steve Jobs ought to be rich? :-)

The HSA bit here seems like something that should be easy for Republicans to
fix, though -- with a very simple bill that just reverts HSAs to
pre-Obamacare
terms and nothing more, what Democrat would stand there and claim that, no,
it's better if you can't save as much for yourself?

Are you KIDDING me? "For yourself?" Their whole PREMISE is that
GOVERNMENT should 'do it for you' and to hell with "yourself."

Some Democrats -- and even a few Republicans -- may believe that, but they're
not going to go on public record starting as much...

They're the ones you think give a flying fig about your 'costs' and
doing things "for yourself?"

I like to believe that some of them do, yes. See, e.g., blue dog democrats...

It's only 'viable' if you think government has unlimited powers to do
whatever the hell it feels like and then send you the bill for it.

These days I kinda think they do -- and they have for many decades now.

---Joel

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Joel Koltner wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
[...]

Even better: Just repeal it for those who haven't been registered
Democrat for the last decade.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!