Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Climate "Experts"

Climate "Experts"...

http://tinyurl.com/2docx3l

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'll have you know that I have never once referred to anyone here
as being a member of the ignorant, hateful, ugly, mooching class.

I have always been kind, referring to them by their own chosen
name... Democrats O:-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 12/9/2010 4:46 PM, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:07:32 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Climate "Experts"...

http://tinyurl.com/2docx3l

...Jim Thompson

ROTFLMAO

I especially enjoyed watching them drink DHMO while singing a petition
to ban it.

Or, to quote Bugs Bunny, what a bunch of marons.

Btw, Penn and Teller got the idea from the 'official' "Ban DHMO"
website and the roots of this joke go all the way back to 1989.

http://www.dhmo.org/

The website (originated 1998 but periodically updated) is a brilliant
illustration of irrational 'hysterics logic'.

Statistics can also be interesting. 99.99% of all mass murderers
started out on mother's milk or formula. If we ban both there will be no
more mass murder.

Then again, 11 out of 9 people don't understand statistics.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper expounded in
:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a
number of years back. A shocking 'scientific study'
revealing that 50% of our school kids scored below average
on standardized tests.

The controversy died a quick bug eyed death when someone
pointed out that *is* the definition of "average."

Or..

Think about the intelligence of the avg person.

Then realize that 50% are even stupider...

Warren
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 12/14/2010 12:25 AM, Warren wrote:
flipper expounded in
:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a
number of years back. A shocking 'scientific study'
revealing that 50% of our school kids scored below average
on standardized tests.

The controversy died a quick bug eyed death when someone
pointed out that *is* the definition of "average."

Or..

Think about the intelligence of the avg person.

Then realize that 50% are even stupider...

Warren

What's worse is 51% of people polled think they are in the majority.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 12/14/2010 12:39 AM, flipper wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:25:20 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

flipper expounded in
:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a
number of years back. A shocking 'scientific study'
revealing that 50% of our school kids scored below average
on standardized tests.

The controversy died a quick bug eyed death when someone
pointed out that *is* the definition of "average."

Or..

Think about the intelligence of the avg person.

Then realize that 50% are even stupider...

Warren

That still leaves unanswered why they chose to run for office and how
they get elected.

Can't get an honest job?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 12/14/2010 1:02 AM, flipper wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:53:45 -0600, wrote:

On 12/14/2010 12:39 AM, flipper wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:25:20 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

flipper expounded in
:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a
number of years back. A shocking 'scientific study'
revealing that 50% of our school kids scored below average
on standardized tests.

The controversy died a quick bug eyed death when someone
pointed out that *is* the definition of "average."

Or..

Think about the intelligence of the avg person.

Then realize that 50% are even stupider...

Warren

That still leaves unanswered why they chose to run for office and how
they get elected.

Can't get an honest job?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

So, that would make politics a dishonest job?

Campaign promises are one of the best lies going.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Climate "Experts"...

http://tinyurl.com/2docx3l

...Jim Thompson

ROTFLMAO

I especially enjoyed watching them drink DHMO while singing a petition
to ban it.

Or, to quote Bugs Bunny, what a bunch of marons.

Btw, Penn and Teller got the idea from the 'official' "Ban DHMO"
website and the roots of this joke go all the way back to 1989.

http://www.dhmo.org/

The website (originated 1998 but periodically updated) is a brilliant
illustration of irrational 'hysterics logic'.

Statistics can also be interesting. 99.99% of all mass murderers
started out on mother's milk or formula. If we ban both there will be no
more mass murder.

As Samuel Clements, I think it was, once opined, there are lies, damn
lies and then there are statistics.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens aka Mark Twain

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a number of
years back. A shocking 'scientific study' revealing that 50% of our
school kids scored below average on standardized tests.

ROTFLMAO

The controversy died a quick bug eyed death when someone pointed out
that *is* the definition of "average."

Then again, 11 out of 9 people don't understand statistics.

Well, there are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson expounded in
:

wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:30:08 -0600, Dan

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a
number of years back. A shocking 'scientific study'
revealing that 50% of our school kids scored below average
on standardized tests.

The controversy died a quick bug eyed death when someone
pointed out that *is* the definition of "average."

It was a slow news week.

Warren.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Warren:

Think about the intelligence of the avg person.

Then realize that 50% are even stupider...

Average or median? The Gauss bell does the rest.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:34:34 -0600, the renowned flipper
wrote:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a number of
years back. A shocking 'scientific study' revealing that 50% of our
school kids scored below average on standardized tests.

ROTFLMAO

Ya like that one, eh?

So did I.

Does make one wonder what percentile the author was in.

Yet way more than 50% of people make less than average income and way
more than 50% have less than 50% of the average net worth.

For example, the US the median household net worth was only $55K in
2000, but the average was $182K.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/p70-88.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a number of
years back. A shocking 'scientific study' revealing that 50% of our
school kids scored below average on standardized tests.

ROTFLMAO

Ya like that one, eh?

So did I.

Does make one wonder what percentile the author was in.

Yet way more than 50% of people make less than average income and way
more than 50% have less than 50% of the average net worth.

Income and wealth are not arranged in a normal distribution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

For example, the US the median household net worth was only $55K in
2000, but the average was $182K.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/p70-88.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

--
Les Cargill
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:29:15 -0600, the renowned flipper
wrote:

wrote:

My all time favorite is a true story that hit the 'news' a number of
years back. A shocking 'scientific study' revealing that 50% of our
school kids scored below average on standardized tests.

ROTFLMAO

Ya like that one, eh?

So did I.

Does make one wonder what percentile the author was in.

Yet way more than 50% of people make less than average income and way
more than 50% have less than 50% of the average net worth.

For example, the US the median household net worth was only $55K in
2000, but the average was $182K.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/p70-88.pdf

"Yet?"

Your presumptions are invalid.

My point is merely that an assumption is being made (here) that the
distribution of test scores is precisely Gaussian.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...7a60919f?pli=1

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany