Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default smart tweezers

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper Inscribed thus:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:51:39 -0500, "Oppie"
wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk
bin. Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became
airborne and was never found.

I'm convinced they reach relativistic spin velocities and vanish into
a miniature wormhole.

Some do eventually emerge from the other end, though, after time
dilation into the future.

I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice tool though for the most part.

I've a dinning room carpet a bit like that... Peas and peanuts just
vanish, not to be found until they rattle up the vacuum cleaner hose
sometime in the future.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message
I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.

My Peak LCR meter has a tweezer attachment - also good for launching SMDs at
faster than the eye can see velocities.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.

Which is why you should always grab a few extra.

I'm convinced they reach relativistic spin velocities and vanish into
a miniature wormhole.

Some do eventually emerge from the other end, though, after time
dilation into the future.

Try dropping an 0603 resistor a bunch of times. 85% of the time it
will land wrongside up.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Oppie wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.

I think you have to adjust the nut on the end of the handle to eliminate
this problem.

Which nut? ;-)

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
Oppie wrote:
I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.

I think you have to adjust the nut on the end of the handle to eliminate
this problem.

Which nut? ;-)

Tsssk... The one holding it??? naaa..
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
Oppie wrote:
I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.
I think you have to adjust the nut on the end of the handle to eliminate
this problem.

Which nut? ;-)

Tsssk... The one holding it??? naaa..

We need to be sure, though.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Sjouke Burry wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
Oppie wrote:
I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne
and was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice tool though for the most part.
I think you have to adjust the nut on the end of the handle to eliminate
this problem.

Which nut? ;-)

Tsssk... The one holding it??? naaa..

Kinda like that part that causes most car crashes - the loose nut behind the
wheel? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:20:20 -0800, John Larkin

Which is why you should always grab a few extra.

That, of course, guarantees at least two trips to the parts bin with
quantities failing to sum upon return. You've simply increased the
work minimum, missing quantity distribution, and information entropy
as to where the loss will occur, causing an expansion of the futile
search area from the immediate work space to the entire path back to
the bin, exponentially compounded by 'stuck on shoe' and related
phenomena carrying the part to uncorrelated hinterlands.

Dude, is that medicinal or home-grown? %-}

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.

Which is why you should always grab a few extra.

That, of course, guarantees at least two trips to the parts bin with
quantities failing to sum upon return. You've simply increased the
work minimum, missing quantity distribution, and information entropy
as to where the loss will occur, causing an expansion of the futile
search area from the immediate work space to the entire path back to
the bin, exponentially compounded by 'stuck on shoe' and related
phenomena carrying the part to uncorrelated hinterlands.

Which is why people buy reels.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.

Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.
John Ferrell W8CCW
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch? Nice
tool though for the most part.

Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.
John Ferrell W8CCW

No good for static sensitive parts.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne
and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice
tool though for the most part.
Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.
John Ferrell W8CCW

No good for static sensitive parts.

Boil a kettle.

Or just learn to do things right in the first place. Plastic bags
and boiling ketles don't cut it in business.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Pinky and the Brain.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Pinky and the Brain.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

No Pinky here!

Sorry for your loss

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

No Pinky here!

Sorry for your loss

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk
bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne
and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice
tool though for the most part.
Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.
John Ferrell W8CCW

No good for static sensitive parts.

Boil a kettle.

And be sure to chant:

Eye of newt, toe of frog,
wool of bat, and natural log.

That's for a pan of stew.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 11/17/2010 11:51 AM, Oppie wrote:
I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne
and was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice tool though for the most part.

Micromark sells tweezers that hold odd shaped parts, dunno if you
couldn't modify some to suit your needs.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 11/18/2010 4:27 AM, Rich Grise wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
Oppie wrote:
I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne
and was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice tool though for the most part.
I think you have to adjust the nut on the end of the handle to eliminate
this problem.

Which nut? ;-)

Tsssk... The one holding it??? naaa..

Kinda like that part that causes most car crashes - the loose nut behind the
wheel? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

In aircraft its a short between the headphones.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 11/19/2010 11:00 AM, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 02:29:59 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

flipper wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:20:20 -0800, John Larkin

Which is why you should always grab a few extra.

That, of course, guarantees at least two trips to the parts bin with
quantities failing to sum upon return. You've simply increased the
work minimum, missing quantity distribution, and information entropy
as to where the loss will occur, causing an expansion of the futile
search area from the immediate work space to the entire path back to
the bin, exponentially compounded by 'stuck on shoe' and related
phenomena carrying the part to uncorrelated hinterlands.

Dude, is that medicinal or home-grown? %-}

Cheers!
Rich

Murphy's been know to drive people to drink and drugs but I just...
well, I call it colorful language. Often LOUD, too.

Also known as applying the cuss wrench.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 11/18/2010 8:10 PM, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
Ian Field wrote:

wrote:

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk bin.
Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became airborne
and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice
tool though for the most part.
Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.
John Ferrell W8CCW

No good for static sensitive parts.

Boil a kettle.

And be sure to chant:

Eye of newt, toe of frog,
wool of bat, and natural log.

(the engineer's spell, of course)

Stirred gently with a wood slide rule?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field wrote:
"Michael A. wrote in message
John Ferrell wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:51:39 -0500,

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk
bin. Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became
airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice
tool though for the most part.
Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.

No good for static sensitive parts.

Boil a kettle.

And be sure to chant:

Eye of newt, toe of frog,
wool of bat, and natural log.

(the engineer's spell, of course)

Stirred gently with a wood slide rule?

Did you hear about the constipated economist?

He worked it out with a pencil.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field wrote:
"Michael A. wrote in message
John Ferrell wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:51:39 -0500,

I was using the smart tweezers to verify a tiny SMT cap in my junk
bin. Guess I was holding it too tight and the cap slipped, became
airborne and
was never found.
I wonder if the new breed of the smart tweezers has a lighter touch?
Nice
tool though for the most part.
Work inside a plastic bag. I use gallon size ziplocks.

No good for static sensitive parts.

Boil a kettle.

And be sure to chant:

Eye of newt, toe of frog,
wool of bat, and natural log.

(the engineer's spell, of course)

Stirred gently with a wood slide rule?

Did you hear about the constipated economist?

He worked it out with a pencil.

Did you hear about the constipated Libertarian? He died from it.

tweezers? William Wixon Metalworking 57 May 1st 10 09:45 PM
Smart Tool Level or Smart Level Cynthia McGraw Metalworking 6 September 1st 09 06:06 AM
Opinions about Smart Tweezers Handheld RCL Meter [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 April 12th 05 10:45 PM
Smart Tweezers: Automatic RCL meter: Is it any good? Michael Electronics Repair 0 March 9th 05 05:00 AM
Experience with Smart Tweezers RCL Meter novelty [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 5th 05 07:45 PM