Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default D-fund NPR ??

So, many people are calling for the defunding of NPR. After all, why
should Americans have to pay for something that's so fundamentally
anti-American?

Let's face it: they didn't fire Juan Williams for expressing an
independent opinion, they fired Juan Williams for expressing an
independent opinion that didn't jibe with theirs. And it was worse,
because he did it on Fox News - two words that bring a pained sneer
across the faces of the already contorted NPR listener.

But, hell, everyone can see NPR's duplicity. They never police their
lefty employees, and suddenly, Juan Williams is fired? If it wasn't
because of his views, what was it then? Was it because he's black? Or
because he's black and didn't do what he was told?

Anyway, I'm one of the few to say, keep funding NPR.

Because if we don't, they go away.

And we can't have that. We need them around to remind ourselves what
subsidized failure looks like. As long as NPR drones listlessly on, we
can point to it and say, "yeah, we're letting them live."

It's like allowing the drunk at the pub to wipe down the tables for
pocket change. It's more out of pity, than anything.

Which leads me to that thing with Rachel Maddow. Remember, she accused
a man of having advanced knowledge of the Oklahoma bombing. When
exposed for her error, she blamed it on an "editing" mistake - and
then angrily mocked those who corrected her.

If you want to see the face of the angry and the entitled, that was
it. How else can you explain someone assuming her mistakes are above
reproach?

But hey - what do you expect from someone who had a heads-up on 9/11?

(I kid, Rachel - we'll fix that in edit)

And if you disagree with me, you're a racist, homophobic, editphobe.

http://dailygut.com/

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |