Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:48:09 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson
wrote in
:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

Devaluate the US dollar.

| James E.Thompson, CTO repugblican.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:48:09 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd
have to build...

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd
have to build...

Let the Chinese build the wall. It'd be so heavy the San Andreas
Fault would fail, and Californica would fall into the Pacific. It'd
be a win-win-win situation all around ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I can see November from my house :-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Nobody should be burdened with California, not even China.

Such cruelty should not be permitted. (to China).
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd
have to build...

You're right, the Chinese would probably insist on a very high wall.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:53:50 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote:

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:48:09 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson
wrote in
:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

Devaluate the US dollar.

| James E.Thompson, CTO repugblican.

If things keep going the way they have, China will simply repossess it.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:53:50 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote:

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:48:09 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson
wrote in
:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

Devaluate the US dollar.

| James E.Thompson, CTO repugblican.

If things keep going the way they have, China will simply repossess it.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd have
to build...

Hey, just hire the Chinese. I hear they build Great walls...

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd
have to build...

Let the Chinese build the wall. It'd be so heavy the San Andreas
Fault would fail, and Californica would fall into the Pacific. It'd
be a win-win-win situation all around ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Well, now you've done it--they're wise to our plan...

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd
have to build...

You mean to keep people *in* California before the sale or to keep
people from going back after?

To keep them in! And as well, we could put one-way turnsiles every
mile for anyone who wants to leave and go there. But one-way: you go,
you stay.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Oct 2010 22:18:21 -0500) it happened flipper
wrote in :

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:53:50 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:48:09 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson
wrote in
:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

Devaluate the US dollar.

Sure. And China will keep lending for Obama's projected, as far as the
eye can see, $1.5 trillion annual deficits when being repaid 10 cents
on the dollar.

That is not what will happen if you devaluate the US dollar.
First is that US exports will get cheaper,.
Imports from China to the US will become more expensive.
In the internal market little would change.
For import of energy, mainly oil products, US has conquered Iraq,
enough oil, it also has puppet governments in some other small oil producing states in that region.
So that would be secured (with some force if needed).
The trade deficit would be significantly reduced, as well as the US debt (relative to the lenders).
More people would buy US products, as imports from overseas would be more expensive.
That would stimulate the internal production, and create more jobs.
That in turn would reduce the flight of jobs to other countries.
Remember that it is not the Chinese currency that is 'undervalued',
it is the US dollar that is way over valued.
Over valued because of US printing ever more dollar bills.
This should lead to inflation, but not much sign of it.
It also should lead to a lower dollar relative to other countries that do not print so much money, but no sign of it.
The sign on the wall is the rise of the gold price in the last few month...
Nixon decoupled the gold value from the dollar, and since then it is just paper...
Many countries have had to devalutate their currency over time, and it helped them to get out of the pits.
UK no so long ago,
China would be hit, as it sits on billions of US dollars, so would Japan.
Germany would be hit too as it largely depends on export to the US.
Germany will need oil, and may attack Russia again, Japan
could side with it, and US could sell weapons to everybody, as that,
except for the MS win[!]do[w]s disks, is their only export product.

Sounds bit like a pre WW scenario,.

Germany already tried that, destroyed their economy, and ended up with
Hitler.

Not really, Hitler saved it from being a very poor country with big debt from WW 1 to a very strong
industrial country, that is why Hitler had so much support.
Hitler made the mistake of attacking Russia, like Napoleon before him.
Germany, in the end, came out of it on top, with Marshall help developed into
one of the strongest economies in the world.

You really think a rerun is a good idea?

The pendulum of history is bound to swing, history will repeat itself it a way.
In electronics we call such a system an oscillator, there is positive feedback, no setpoint,
that is real 'values' do not exists, you see in time of war human values shift, ethics
go out of the window, it is a jungle, the strongest survives.
And the strongest is the one who is also able to let go of false values and concepts such as the holy dollar.

Nature unfolds, you have no choice, I for one do not believe in 'free will'.
Stars get born, starts die, new stars get born, nature unfolds.
Yes things repeat themselves in a way.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On a sunny day (Sat, 09 Oct 2010 20:01:45 -0500) it happened flipper
wrote in :

Stars get born, starts die, new stars get born, nature unfolds.
Yes things repeat themselves in a way.

Sophist false equivalencies. That 'things repeat' in the sense of
people being born with various 'natural talents' in no way says they
know what to do with them or are involuntarily 'destined' to be
whatever.

You have sufficiently for you at least shown your ignorance.
With 'stars' I was referring to those things in the sky.
You, a minuscule entity, siting on a minuscule earth, with a minuscule opinion
about everything outside you and inside you, past present and future,
you imagine to have more of a clue.
Things will unfold, and have unfolded, your fears of losing 'what is yours',
whatever that is, investments, property, well, empty handed you came,
and empty handed you will go.
So that is pretty much an illusion to hold on to, what then is important
is how happy you spend your time, else you were a bad case of happening for a x amount of seconds,
like the fly that only lives for a day, and if it could, would have worried for a day about
it's grain of sugar it picked up.
It is all a matter of perspective perhaps.

The US dollar IS already worthless.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Hilarious "Solution" to Budget Deficit:

Sell California to China for $10 Trillion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hey, not that funny, it might work. But, think of the new wall we'd
have to build...

You mean to keep people *in* California before the sale or to keep
people from going back after?

To keep them in! And as well, we could put one-way turnsiles every
mile for anyone who wants to leave and go there. But one-way: you go,
you stay.

I was alluding to the mass migration of business out of California vs
the 'Communist Chinese' having a better handle on free enterprise than
the current crop of loony tunes running our country.

Exactly, but that is because there is only one party,
and decisions get taken, not 2 parties who only
try to destroy what he other one is trying to build.
That is why China is more likely to be first on Mars.
Because it does not change direction every 4 or 8 years with its projects,
as the US does.