DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   What do you call it... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/293917-what-do-you-call.html)

Jim Thompson December 12th 09 09:34 PM

What do you call it...

Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws?

And where do you get it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

baron December 12th 09 09:44 PM

What do you call it...

Jim Thompson wrote:

What do you call it...

Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws?

And where do you get it?

Thanks!

Spindle coupler.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Martin Riddle December 12th 09 09:45 PM

What do you call it...

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
What do you call it...

Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws?

And where do you get it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Will it float?

;D

Cheers

ehsjr[_3_] December 12th 09 09:59 PM

What do you call it...

Jim Thompson wrote:
What do you call it...

Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws?

And where do you get it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

1/4" shaft coupling
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...oductId=138288

Watch the line wrap. Google "set screw coupling" or "shaft coupling"
for more.

Ed

baron December 12th 09 10:13 PM

What do you call it...

ehsjr wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
What do you call it...

Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws?

And where do you get it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

1/4" shaft coupling

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...oductId=138288

Watch the line wrap. Google "set screw coupling" or "shaft coupling"
for more.

Ed

They sure know how to charge for them.
Last plain one I bought cost 89p ($1.20) approx.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

RFI-EMI-GUY December 13th 09 06:38 AM

What do you call it...

Jim Thompson wrote:
What do you call it...

Join two 1/4" rods with a sleeve that has set screws?

And where do you get it?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

shaft coupler?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

Carl Ijames[_3_] December 13th 09 02:10 PM

What do you call it...

www.mcmaster.com, put shaft coupling in the search box. Usually not the
cheapest but one of the best stocked and great customer service and the best
ecommerce web site I know of. Always our first place to look for a onesie
or low qty where the time to find it cheaper would cost more than the
savings.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames