Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Agent Newsreader and Forgeries

I've been urging Forte-Inc to fix Agent so that filtering can be done
on Message-ID.

This would put our little chicken-**** forger out of business.

All Agent users should send an E-mail to Forte-Inc requesting that
feature.

I won't post their E-mail address, because our little queer tranny
would bury them in crap. For Agent users it's under "Help".

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:36:51 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I've been urging Forte-Inc to fix Agent so that filtering can be done
on Message-ID.

This would put our little chicken-**** forger out of business.

All Agent users should send an E-mail to Forte-Inc requesting that
feature.

I won't post their E-mail address, because our little queer tranny
would bury them in crap. For Agent users it's under "Help".

...Jim Thompson

Agent's "regular expression" filter capability should do it, but I
don't know the exact string to use.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

I've been urging Forte-Inc to fix Agent so that filtering can be done
on Message-ID.

This would put our little chicken-**** forger out of business.

All Agent users should send an E-mail to Forte-Inc requesting that
feature.

I won't post their E-mail address, because our little queer tranny
would bury them in crap. For Agent users it's under "Help".

...Jim Thompson

Agent's "regular expression" filter capability should do it, but I
don't know the exact string to use.

John

According to Jeffrey Kaplan, chief guru of Agent, it can't currently
be done; but he noted my request.

However, if you want to go to the effort, it CAN be done using a proxy
server such as "nfilter".

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

I've been urging Forte-Inc to fix Agent so that filtering can be done
on Message-ID.

This would put our little chicken-**** forger out of business.

All Agent users should send an E-mail to Forte-Inc requesting that
feature.

I won't post their E-mail address, because our little queer tranny
would bury them in crap. For Agent users it's under "Help".

For what it's worth, I did get Hamster running and it does seem to be
able to discard all posts from aioe.org. It's not the cleanest
possible solution but as a local "leaf" node it does give me the
ability to filter on any header field as well as on body content.

With a little luck, I may even have the "posting" configuration set
correctly. ;-)

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posts from this user with an aioe.org message ID are forgeries.