Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default DISCRETE NMOS & PMOS, Low V, Low I

Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:52:15 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

www.google.com same as the rest of us.

Jim

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:04:37 GMT, JimW52 wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:52:15 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

www.google.com same as the rest of us.

Jim

So you have no experience with such small device either?

You were SO helpful.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Or these:

http://www.calogic.net/html/mosfet.html

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you asked your favorite foundries? Some will bond out sample
devices for you, to kick the tires or to lash up something. For really
good customers they might even be free. Usually they won't offer fancy
packages such as SC75 but more likely SO-something and you can't be too
picky about geometry.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I actually started digging into my old archives, as I had researched this
about 10 years ago at Hewlett Packard. The old silicon printheads used a FET
array to fire the TIJ (thermal inkjet) resistors, which had very low Ciss
and I had to find substitutes for a test instrument we designed which could
simulate the printhead. After pulling up the old datasheet, it became
apparent how far we've come. The ZVN4206A which we used (after much
searching) boasted 100pf Ciss which was quite the kickass part at the time.

A quick search for "Ciss" on Digikey get's lots of options for you. They're
down as low as 1.5pf now, Yikes!
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...;keywords=ciss

Happy Hunting!

Chris

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On 2008-01-12 07:50, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:04:37 GMT, JimW52 wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:52:15 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

www.google.com same as the rest of us.

Jim

So you have no experience with such small device either?

You were SO helpful.

...Jim Thompson

Oh, you mean he should be helpful like you?

All YOU ever do in this group is smother it in off-topic posts and then
ask others to do your work for you, for free, while charging your
clients for it.

You should look in the mirror before talking about others.
--
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:06:03 GMT, Wizard of Odds
wrote:

On 2008-01-12 07:50, Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Bwahahahaha! It is rare indeed when ANYTHING useful is ever posted
here.

You should look in the mirror before talking about others.

Some experts users in the area I was unfamiliar with have responded
usefully.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

So, what did you finally buy? Inquiring minds want to know ... :-)

And no, this time we won't ask what circuit you built.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:34:43 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

So, what did you finally buy? Inquiring minds want to know ... :-)

And no, this time we won't ask what circuit you built.

I'm on hold while I await further experiments by the client, but it
certainly looks promising to use small MOS devices to cascode large
photodiodes into TIA's.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Not being a discrete MOS user, I am unfamiliar with what is currently
available.

I need NMOS and PMOS, VDS = 5V, ID =500uA

(And truly small... need capacitance as low as possible.)

Operating frequency = 100KHz

Suggestions?

Thanks!

So, what did you finally buy? Inquiring minds want to know ... :-)

And no, this time we won't ask what circuit you built.

I'm on hold while I await further experiments by the client, but it
certainly looks promising to use small MOS devices to cascode large
photodiodes into TIA's.

So far I've only once cascoded with a FET and back then it was ye olde
2N7002/BSS123 (but still followed with a BJT). Later only bipolar. Then
the fiberoptics part of my biz life became easier, lots of speed but
really low-C photodiodes.

I am sure you've read Phil Hoobs' paper but in case other haven't seen
it yet:

http://users.bestweb.net/~hobbs/frontends/frontends.pdf

For low-C work the newer dual-gate FETs are nice but I believe your
stuff is low frequency and I don't know how they behave down there
noise-wise. This would be the BF998 (they really messed up their links now):

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/bf998se...1493688fd31042

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Phil and I loosely keep in touch... he even knows who I'm working with
right now ;-)

...Jim Thompson