DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Anyone Remember the Movie "Disclosure" (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/217335-anyone-remember-movie-disclosure.html)

Jim Thompson October 12th 07 07:15 PM

Anyone Remember the Movie "Disclosure"

Anyone Remember the Movie "Disclosure", about a company that made
"drives"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109635/

starring Michael Douglas and Demi Moore?

A fine bottle of Chardonnay by Pahlmeyer figured heavily in the plot,
as it IS extremely hard to find, and Demi's character claimed she sent
her secretary out to the corner wine store to just "pick up a bottle".

After viewing the movie I was intrigued and went looking for the
Pahlmeyer label. Couldn't find it in stores. Finally found it on the
web... you have to join the "club" for the privilege of buying a case
in advance.

Last week I was in Riverside, CA, and ate at a restaurant (Duane's) in
the Mission Inn.

Spotted Pahlmeyer Chardonnay on the wine list. And just had to try it
out to see what it was like...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/PahlmeyerCork.jpg

Great Chardonnay! But it cost me $110 for the privilege ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

John Tserkezis October 13th 07 01:19 AM

Jim Thompson wrote:

Great Chardonnay! But it cost me $110 for the privilege ;-)

What's the point of product placement if you're going to make it hard to get?
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org

Jim Thompson October 13th 07 01:38 AM

Anyone Remember the Movie "Disclosure"

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:19:28 +1000, John Tserkezis
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Great Chardonnay! But it cost me $110 for the privilege ;-)

What's the point of product placement if you're going to make it hard to get?

You are clearly NOT a wine drinker ;-)

...Jim Thompson

John Tserkezis October 13th 07 03:43 AM

Jim Thompson wrote:

Great Chardonnay! But it cost me $110 for the privilege ;-)

What's the point of product placement if you're going to make it hard to get?

You are clearly NOT a wine drinker ;-)

Not really, no.

I'll give you a 'frinstance: My tastebuds are not of a very high standard.
Blindfold me and ask for the difference between your Pahlmeyer, and some
cask wine.

I'd likely say one of them was orange juice.

Or you can REALLY confuse me, and substitute soda pop for one of them. In
that case, I'd likely say one is the bubbly version of the other.

Tim Williams[_2_] October 13th 07 04:59 AM

Anyone Remember the Movie "Disclosure"

"John Tserkezis" wrote in message
it cost me $110

^^^
What's the point of product placement if you're going to make it hard
to get?

I think Jim said all you need to know. Whether it makes any sense makes no
difference.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: A very philosophical monk.