DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Class-A Output Stage (from S.E.D) - MC1530-Sliding-Class-A.pdf (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/213171-class-output-stage-s-e-d-mc1530-sliding-class-pdf.html)

Jim Thompson September 3rd 07 04:12 PM

Class-A Output Stage (from S.E.D) - MC1530-Sliding-Class-A.pdf

1 Attachment(s)
See attachment for a Sliding-Class-A output stage.

(from an S.E.D discussion)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Eeyore September 3rd 07 04:41 PM

Jim Thompson wrote:

See attachment for a Sliding-Class-A output stage.

(from an S.E.D discussion)

...Jim Thompson

And where exactly is the sliding bias generator ?

Quasi-complementary output stages are deprecated in audio btw. You of all ppl should
know about the mismatch of transfer function.

Graham

John Larkin September 3rd 07 06:55 PM

Class-A Output Stage (from S.E.D) - MC1530-Sliding-Class-A.pdf

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:12:34 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

See attachment for a Sliding-Class-A output stage.

(from an S.E.D discussion)

...Jim Thompson

Whoa, an all-NPN opamp! One of the first integrated opamps I ever used
(I used to make my own, with discretes, on little pcb sips, which
weren't bad) was a GE part. It too was all NPN, but used a zener level
shifter, and was about as useful as a noise generator as an opamp.

Anybody got a datasheet on that?

John

Jim Thompson September 3rd 07 08:02 PM

Class-A Output Stage (from S.E.D) - MC1530-Sliding-Class-A.pdf

wrote:

See attachment for a Sliding-Class-A output stage.

(from an S.E.D discussion)

...Jim Thompson

Whoa, an all-NPN opamp!

Yup. This pre-dates lateral PNP's. As I said, "as a lad of 24", i.e.
1964. But it's low distortion, high slew rate and external ability to
compensate... called a "feature" (we couldn't make MOS capacitors in
those days ;-), makes it a seller even today.

One of the first integrated opamps I ever used
(I used to make my own, with discretes, on little pcb sips, which
weren't bad) was a GE part. It too was all NPN, but used a zener level
shifter, and was about as useful as a noise generator as an opamp.

Anybody got a datasheet on that?

John

The GE part? I might. What was the part number?

...Jim Thompson

default September 3rd 07 10:00 PM

Class-A Output Stage (from S.E.D) - MC1530-Sliding-Class-A.pdf

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:41:53 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

See attachment for a Sliding-Class-A output stage.

(from an S.E.D discussion)

...Jim Thompson

And where exactly is the sliding bias generator ?

Quasi-complementary output stages are deprecated in audio btw. You of all ppl should
know about the mismatch of transfer function.

Graham

The quasi comp may not hold for class A since both sides are always
conducting hard in traditional class A - and sliding bias shouldn't be
much different - but I don't understand how it slides.