Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Default Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:38:10 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

Jim

[snip]

Can't you imagine what Yuma will be like on May 25th :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

That trumps me. What you doin' in Yuma?

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news

Can't you imagine what Yuma will be like on May 25th :-(

...Jim Thompson

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 9 May 2007 15:04:01 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

That trumps me. What you doin' in Yuma?

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news

Can't you imagine what Yuma will be like on May 25th :-(

...Jim Thompson

For Caitlin's graduation.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I never "graduated" from Tulane. I had no enthusiasm for standing
outside in the New Orleans June heat and humidity, in a rented black
robe, for a few hours while fatheads pontificated. I had an
unavoidable "work obligation", which included cool drinks and air
conditioning.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I never "graduated" from Tulane. I had no enthusiasm for standing
outside in the New Orleans June heat and humidity, in a rented black
robe, for a few hours while fatheads pontificated. I had an
unavoidable "work obligation", which included cool drinks and air
conditioning.

John

Do you celebrate at all when y'all complete a major project at work?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I never "graduated" from Tulane. I had no enthusiasm for standing
outside in the New Orleans June heat and humidity, in a rented black
robe, for a few hours while fatheads pontificated. I had an
unavoidable "work obligation", which included cool drinks and air
conditioning.

John

I did that for my Master's at ASU ;-)

I had them mail me my degree certificate.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I never "graduated" from Tulane. I had no enthusiasm for standing
outside in the New Orleans June heat and humidity, in a rented black
robe, for a few hours while fatheads pontificated. I had an
unavoidable "work obligation", which included cool drinks and air
conditioning.

John

I did that for my Master's at ASU ;-)

I had them mail me my degree certificate.

You have a master's from ASU? I thought you didn't like ASU.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Thu, 10 May 2007 14:57:41 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2007 16:06:25 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

[snip]

I never "graduated" from Tulane. I had no enthusiasm for standing
outside in the New Orleans June heat and humidity, in a rented black
robe, for a few hours while fatheads pontificated. I had an
unavoidable "work obligation", which included cool drinks and air
conditioning.

John

I did that for my Master's at ASU ;-)

I had them mail me my degree certificate.

You have a master's from ASU? I thought you didn't like ASU.

When I came to Motorola, straight out of MIT, Motorola had a training
program that included getting a Master's at ASU on company
time/expense.

So I went, clashed, asked, "When do you plan teaching this course on a
college level", etc. Got credit for a lot of courses I didn't have to
take (taught as undergraduate at MIT).

The only worthwhile thing was my Master's Thesis... first BiFET OpAmp
design, EVER ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

Who I hope to meet some day is the 15th century clown that thought it would
be a good idea to dress faculty in black robes and a black hat for an
outdoor graduation in mid-May in the Sacramento Valley tomorrow AND Friday
at 4 in the afternoon.

What really blows me away is the cost of all that. We just got a notice
from a neighbor's daughter. I think it's called commencement notice or
something. Just to obtain the cards, stationary, professional
photographs and all that costs around $1000 (!) per kid and it is
expected that their parents all spring for the full package. Couldn't
believe it.

Of course, the other extreme isn't so cool either. A few days after I
had received all the required blessings for my masters degree in
engineering the "ceremonial matters" consisted of a bland postcard. It
read "The printout of your engineering degree has been completed. Please
pick it up at the administration building room 123 between 8:00am and
5:00pm". That was it :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 09 May 2007 23:09:19 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

[...]

Actually I prize my postcard, "The Faculty of the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology Department of Electrical Engineering has
recommended you for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical
Engineering", that was received a full two months before commencement.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

[...]

You still have that postcard? Wow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

[...]

See....

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Subject: OT: Postcard - GraduationPostCardAndASUAbsentia.jpg
I didn't remember the wording quite right, but I found the postcard
inside my diploma holder.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 09 May 2007 14:28:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

How did you come to be related to anyone that cute?

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Bob Bob is offline

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

How did you come to be related to anyone that cute?

John

That's what I want to know, too. She is a real beauty.

I'll tell ya -- if I was a much younger and she was a lot uglier...

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

How did you come to be related to anyone that cute?

John

I posted a picture of my daughter's training class photo at Congress a
week or so ago.

You can't tell from that photo, because she always wears conservative
clothing, but she has a body to die for ;-)

But all the beauty is inherited from my wife... I've already shown
that I'm butt ugly ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
But all the beauty is inherited from my wife... I've already shown
that I'm butt ugly ;-)

We keep trying to encourage you to dig up some old photos before your
age-related ugliness set in. :-)

Even watched the TV show, "What not to wear?" Doing so makes me glad I work
in a field that evaluates you almost entirely on performance rather than
looks.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Joel Kolstad wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
But all the beauty is inherited from my wife... I've already shown
that I'm butt ugly ;-)

We keep trying to encourage you to dig up some old photos before your
age-related ugliness set in. :-)

They had cameras way back in those days? ;-)

Even watched the TV show, "What not to wear?" Doing so makes me glad I work
in a field that evaluates you almost entirely on performance rather than
looks.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School - HS-Annual.jpg

On Thu, 10 May 2007 08:46:43 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
But all the beauty is inherited from my wife... I've already shown
that I'm butt ugly ;-)

We keep trying to encourage you to dig up some old photos before your
age-related ugliness set in. :-)

Attached.

Even watched the TV show, "What not to wear?" Doing so makes me glad I work
in a field that evaluates you almost entirely on performance rather than
looks.

I only wear suits to weddings and funerals ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Attached Thumbnails
Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School-hs-annual-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Attached.

Not bad! Amazing how long it took someone to figure out that eyeglasses
didn't have to be so *ugly*!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School - HS-Annual.jpg - MicroRel-1980.jpg

On Thu, 10 May 2007 08:58:58 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 08:46:43 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
But all the beauty is inherited from my wife... I've already shown
that I'm butt ugly ;-)

We keep trying to encourage you to dig up some old photos before your
age-related ugliness set in. :-)

Attached.

Even watched the TV show, "What not to wear?" Doing so makes me glad I work
in a field that evaluates you almost entirely on performance rather than
looks.

I only wear suits to weddings and funerals ;-)

...Jim Thompson

First picture was ~50 years ago, the attached about 1980.

See, young bucks, what degradation you can look forward to ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Attached Thumbnails
Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School-microrel-1980-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
But all the beauty is inherited from my wife... I've already shown
that I'm butt ugly ;-)

We keep trying to encourage you to dig up some old photos before your
age-related ugliness set in. :-)

Even watched the TV show, "What not to wear?" Doing so makes me glad I
work in a field that evaluates you almost entirely on performance rather
than looks.

Sure. That's why all the white shirts and ties are worn. At least in a lot
of Engineering places.

But perhaps that's covered by "almost".

Robert

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Robert" wrote in message
link.net...
Sure. That's why all the white shirts and ties are worn. At least in a lot
of Engineering places.

Some of the big, old school ones, I suppose. I've worked at places up to a
couple thousnd employees and engineers wore pretty much whatever... I was an
intern for a year at IBM some decades back, and even there I never wore a tie!

The president of the company I work at now states as one of his reasons for
starting the company his desire to walk around in sandals whenever he felt
like it. :-) (And he does so, routinely, in summer...)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

John Larkin wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

How did you come to be related to anyone that cute?

I was wondering the same myself. She's a bonny lass.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

How did you come to be related to anyone that cute?

The most beautiful girls in school always had ugly parents.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

She could be the cheerleader (Hayden Penettiere alias Claire Benet) in
Heroes :-)
http://www.haydenpanettierefan.com/gallery/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

She could be the cheerleader (Hayden Penettiere alias Claire Benet) in
Heroes :-)
http://www.haydenpanettierefan.com/gallery/

Caitlin is quite the all-around girl... good grades, raises
championship goats, and is a blue-ribbon-awarded photographer ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

She could be the cheerleader (Hayden Penettiere alias Claire Benet) in
Heroes :-)
http://www.haydenpanettierefan.com/gallery/

Caitlin is quite the all-around girl... good grades, raises
championship goats,

Cool. What sport do they play?

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

She could be the cheerleader (Hayden Penettiere alias Claire Benet) in
Heroes :-)
http://www.haydenpanettierefan.com/gallery/

Caitlin is quite the all-around girl... good grades, raises
championship goats,

Cool. What sport do they play?

John

Chasing the goats? ... They're pretty fast ;-)

I think all three of my Yuma granddaughters play(ed) soccer.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

...Jim Thompson

She could be the cheerleader (Hayden Penettiere alias Claire Benet) in
Heroes :-)
http://www.haydenpanettierefan.com/gallery/

Caitlin is quite the all-around girl... good grades, raises
championship goats,

Cool. What sport do they play?

John

Chasing the goats? ... They're pretty fast ;-)

I think all three of my Yuma granddaughters play(ed) soccer.

No, I meant the championship goats.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

A Catholic High School? I hope she doesn't take it too hard when she
goes to college and finds out that the world is older than 6000 years by
many orders of magnitude.

--
Paul Hovnanian
"The beauty of a chainsaw is that you don't have to start it. Just
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
Jim Thompson wrote:

Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School....

http://analog-innovations.com/Family...nGraduates.jpg

This is the daughter of my oldest daughter who just finished the
politics course in DC.

We atheists know where to educate our kids ;-)

A Catholic High School? I hope she doesn't take it too hard when she
goes to college and finds out that the world is older than 6000 years by
many orders of magnitude.

--
Paul Hovnanian

Naah. The Earth and all the Fossil evidence was created 6000 years ago just
as a test of Faith.

http://xkcd.com/c258.html

Robert

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:53:55 GMT, "Robert" wrote:

Naah. The Earth and all the Fossil evidence was created 6000 years ago just
as a test of Faith.

So was total retardation. Of that branch, you belong.