Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Default Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

try this on your cell...
mobile.mapquest.com

Cheers

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

It could be worse. UPS could not find our street. Twice in a row! Upon
calling them they said that an address had been given that didn't exist.
I told them that it exists since the late 60's. After a moment of
silence at the other end I proceeded describing how to get here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

Nope, all brainless Republicans there like Donald "I never got anything
right ever" Rumsfeld.

Leftist weenie programmers do good work.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Joerg" wrote in message
et

It could be worse. UPS could not find our street. Twice in a row! Upon
calling them they said that an address had been given that didn't
exist. I told them that it exists since the late 60's. After a moment
of silence at the other end I proceeded describing how to get here.

Some times the UPS folks amaze me. I've had them call and tell me that
my address was "bad" even though they had delivered a package to that
same address the day before.

--
James T. White

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

For many years,they have claimed to use satellite pictures as a
reference for their streets.
Well, their maps seem to indicate that they do not use those photos.
Since version 3.0, i had tried to get them to fix errors that the
photos would show i was correct - to no avail.
Bridges for a major street than had existed since the 1800's, others
redone in the 1930s; truncated streets shown as complete connections,
etc & etc.
After 3 years of that ****, i gave up.
What i suggest:
Use AAA maps.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:36:31 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

we have a great product over here written by leftist weenies. Its
called www.whereis.com.au Google maps is better on a PC, but on the
PDA(phone) you cant beat whereis.

...Jim Thompson

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I am using the 2007 version with their GPS receiver in my RV. I concur
it is not flawless but it is the best I have found.

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You tell 'em Jim...

Actually Street Atlas (and most of the other mapping systems) buy
their cartographic data from third parties. Not the programmer's
fault, but some intern in the map digitizing department who clicked in
the wrong place! g

What I like are the streets that are one way... And the program
proceeds to tell you to go the *wrong* way to get ot your destination!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Yahoo Maps shows my house on the next street. It shows the company
the VA contracts with for new glasses on the wrong side of the highway,
and I have seen at least a dozen other mistakes. Goggle maps does
better, so I download the maps I need and take them with me in an old
Dell Win 98 laptop.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:59:59 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

It could be worse. UPS could not find our street. Twice in a row! Upon
calling them they said that an address had been given that didn't exist.
I told them that it exists since the late 60's. After a moment of
silence at the other end I proceeded describing how to get here.

Hell! I've had the post office return to sender marked, "No such
address".

Of course I then wrote a letter to the editor comparing postal
employees to burger flippers ;-)

Then they came to my door and apologized.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I am using the 2007 version with their GPS receiver in my RV. I concur
it is not flawless but it is the best I have found.

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"

I don't know who made the map system in my Q45, but it's dead on...
except for new freeways finished this year... you "fly" thru the air
;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:08:04 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Yahoo Maps shows my house on the next street. It shows the company
the VA contracts with for new glasses on the wrong side of the highway,
and I have seen at least a dozen other mistakes. Goggle maps does
better, so I download the maps I need and take them with me in an old
Dell Win 98 laptop.

Google Earth shows me as next door ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Google Earth shows me as next door ;-)

That's because your reputation precedes you, and they wanted to give
sales people one last chance to get away! ;-) BTW, one of the
buildings on my property doesn't show up in the sat photos.

Have you ever tried Zillow? Its a real estate sales tool that not
only shows the location, but what it is expected to sell for.
http://www.zillow.com

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:02:18 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Google Earth shows me as next door ;-)

That's because your reputation precedes you, and they wanted to give
sales people one last chance to get away! ;-) BTW, one of the
buildings on my property doesn't show up in the sat photos.

Have you ever tried Zillow? Its a real estate sales tool that not
only shows the location, but what it is expected to sell for.
http://www.zillow.com

That shows my house worth $957K... seems a wee bit high.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:59:59 +0000, Joerg wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a charity
drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely WRONG
location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

It could be worse. UPS could not find our street. Twice in a row! Upon
calling them they said that an address had been given that didn't exist. I
told them that it exists since the late 60's. After a moment of silence at
the other end I proceeded describing how to get here.

Yeah, but aren't you up in the foothills somewhere? I've seen places up
there out the back gate of Beale that don't even _have_ addresses! :-)

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Google Earth shows me as next door ;-)

That's because your reputation precedes you, and they wanted to give
sales people one last chance to get away! ;-) BTW, one of the
buildings on my property doesn't show up in the sat photos.

Have you ever tried Zillow? Its a real estate sales tool that not
only shows the location, but what it is expected to sell for.
http://www.zillow.com

That shows my house worth $957K... seems a wee bit high.

That's what a Realtor would want to list it for if you agree to
sell. Look for similar houses that have sold recently in your area to
get a realistic feature. That site explains all the mail I get from
Real Estate companies that all tell me my property is worth, within a
few dollars. They give you a high price to get a listing, then they
want you to agree to drop it a month later.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Retarded off topic posters suck worse!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You tell 'em Jim...

Actually Street Atlas (and most of the other mapping systems) buy
their cartographic data from third parties. Not the programmer's
fault, but some intern in the map digitizing department who clicked in
the wrong place! g

What I like are the streets that are one way... And the program
proceeds to tell you to go the *wrong* way to get ot your destination!

...and streets designated as one way but *NEVER* have been that and
never will be that!
Those non-shown bridges that had existed since the 1800s in some
cases and at worst since the 1930s is pure crap.
Makes no difference where the data came from; refusing to show
bridges is worse than incompetence.
Maybe their maps are from FlatEarthers Inc.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
Street Atlas USA Sucks!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Trying to deliver a truckload of excess Girl Scout Cookies to a
charity drop... Street Atlas USA showed the street in the completely
WRONG location.

This is not the first time in a long shot that this has happened.

Street Atlas USA Sucks! Is pure crap!

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

Nah - Your Tax Dollars hard at work in National Sekurety:
The cunning plan is that the terrist furriners will go bomb the wrong address
:-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Oh, they have address alright, just the only only place to find them is in
County records.
--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.Â*Â*
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

Nope, all brainless Republicans there like Donald "I never got anything
right ever" Rumsfeld.

Leftist weenie programmers do good work.

Jim "Superheatedego" Thompson calls everyone he cannot understand a "leftist
weenie." His wine soaked brain has mostly shut down.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:39:12 -0400, "Charles Schuler"
Gave us:

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

Nope, all brainless Republicans there like Donald "I never got anything
right ever" Rumsfeld.

Leftist weenie programmers do good work.

Jim "Superheatedego" Thompson calls everyone he cannot understand a "leftist
weenie." His wine soaked brain has mostly shut down.

Damned shame his liver hasn't followed.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
No Name

obfuscated data always more user friendly when pre-processed thru alcohol
filters.....

often the filter puts the data back in right order after few passes thru.
;-))

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

Must use leftist weenie programmers ;-)

Nope, all brainless Republicans there like Donald "I never got anything
right ever" Rumsfeld.

Leftist weenie programmers do good work.

Jim "Superheatedego" Thompson calls everyone he cannot understand a

"leftist
weenie." His wine soaked brain has mostly shut down.

GE Silicone II Sucks!! Pissed Home Repair 36 March 14th 18 04:34 AM
Why Your Life Sucks! [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 3rd 07 06:11 AM
1.5" PVC Street Wye or 1.5" Street Union [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 14th 07 03:59 AM
Sucks no more ... DIYGUY Woodworking 7 December 21st 04 07:25 PM
ebay sucks big time PoP UK diy 28 July 31st 04 01:26 PM