About this forum Any questions or feedback on what this forum is or how this forum operates.

Junior Member

Default chimney breast removal

Hi, i want to enlarge my lounge area by removing fireplace and chimney breast. I have an end terraced house, with its own chimney breast (not shared).What would be the most cost effective way? A- to remove the whole chimney breast from top to bottom? OR B- remove the chimney breast at ground level and support the upper level?
With either option how much can i do myself and when would i need professionals?