About this forum Any questions or feedback on what this forum is or how this forum operates.

Junior Member

Default Central heating always on but no hot water

can anybody help? Even when the timer is off and the room stat is turned right down the heating is always on. There is no hot water but the heating continually is on. Can only turn this off by turning the boiler off. System is a fully pumped one with 2 motorised Honeywell valves. The heating valve seems stuck in the open position. The manual lever is so easy to move I'm assuming it's detached from the valve and therefore useless. I can only get hot water by moving the valve lever (lots of resistance) to the hook. I reckon that the heating valve is defective. My question is, does the symptoms I've described make sense?
Thanks.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol View Post
can anybody help? Even when the timer is off and the room stat is turned right down the heating is always on. There is no hot water but the heating continually is on. Can only turn this off by turning the boiler off. System is a fully pumped one with 2 motorised Honeywell valves. The heating valve seems stuck in the open position. The manual lever is so easy to move I'm assuming it's detached from the valve and therefore useless. I can only get hot water by moving the valve lever (lots of resistance) to the hook. I reckon that the heating valve is defective. My question is, does the symptoms I've described make sense?
Thanks.
Yes, I think so. I don't have any experience with these kinds of systems. But it sounds like you've answered your own question. sounds like it's broken valve to me. But have you checked the Furnace Filter ro see if it's clear? I say that a lot but really that can cause a lot of weird problems.

Last edited by radiotom : February 15th 12 at 03:05 AM