Gideon

Default Roof leaks only during heavy rain

Colbyt wrote
I read the thread and looked at your pics. I would suggest a very careful
inspection of the valley area where the two roofs meet. Water could be
entering there any traveling along the felt or first layer of shingles. The
angle gravity factored in is about right for that to happen. Valleys and
other flashings are frequent leak points when a nail over has been done.
That is the best reason to never do a nail over.

Good advise. I would also add the fact that most good roofers won't
roof a house unless the job includes putting a membrane below the
shingles in every valley. It is very inexpensive insurance against
leaks in one of the biggest problem areas on roofs.