rickluce

Default Mount Board Buddies upside down ?

You know...it doesn't, and it did with the unifence, but that's not why
I got the new fence. It was because of the side to side flex. You got
me. It probably should still flex up and down. If I remember correctly,
I lightened up on the downward pressure that the board buddies put on
the said wood. I think there was a post in the past regarding this
issue and that was the suggestion someone made. Sorry, I haven't used
the board buddies in a while. I don't think the downward pressure needs
to be huge. The purpose of these devices isn't to smash the wood on the
table, only to prevent kick back. It also has the added benifit of
keeping the wood against the fence. I'm not a safety expert, but, from
the little experience I've had with kick-back, you get in trouble when
the wood gets on top of the blade.

On the new fence there is a t track on top. The board buddies attach to
a (uhw?) plastic that fits in the track and then is tightened down with
a bolt and a knob. The track runs the length of the fence, so I can
place both board buddies anywhere along the fence, before and after the
blade is perferable, I suppose.

I'm talking out of my butt a little because of my limited experience
with safety issues, but maybe someone can add to the discussion. I may
be way off base on backing off on the tension, but it worked for me. I
certainly do not want to work unsafe. I like my ten fingers.

Don
Folklore wrote
Doesn't your fence still lift up? How is it held down on the outfeed
end of the fence?

Thanks,