Default Mount Board Buddies upside down ?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:38:56 -0500, Folklore wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a good method for holding work down when
cutting long dado's on my tablesaw. I can't mount board buddies or
featherboards on my unifence because it will lift up (and I can't
clamp the opposite end because I stupidly attached my outfeed table
there without any t-track.) One thought I had was to build something
that will span across my saw that I can then use for downward
pressure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

first, get a roller support for the infeed side of things. this will
keep the stock from dropping below the table and lifting out of the
cut.

then rout a Tslot into your outfeed so's you can use a hold down on
the end of the fence and a featherboard or springboard to control the
stock. this won't work for really wide boards where the dado is away
from the fence, but it will help for narrow ones.

keep a slab of mdf around for use as a weight for non-through cuts of
flexible materials.