Mark S.

Default Ground floor damp proof course or lack of.

A while ago I took off the top inch of loose concrete on the ground
floor of my project.

I levelled it with compound to cover the dust/roughness more than
anything else.

It's been left about 12 months and there's a few patches where the
compound has lifted off and there's what I suspect is "salt"
underneath?

I think the damp course was a layer of tar like paint that had been
under the skim level that had become detatched/broken up.

Is it possible to fix it using anything within the inch or so that's
"spare" or is it a job I really could do without doing that needs
doing? :-(

Just managed to save some money to get some work done on it too.

Mark.