Autolycus

Default Using a standard radiator as an electric towel radiator

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I want to use a standard radiator with an electric immersion heater
within. Here are the links for what I want to use

and

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...80 5&ts=74650

Questions!?
Will the heater threads fit in the radiator threads? Are they
different
for towel radiators?

Where can I get a Blanking plug or cap for the other end of the
radiator, or will I have to make one? (i'd rather not, I'm looking for
a neat solution)

what kind of oil? Multigrade? LOL!

And a brief, but, I hope, sincere, prayer that the expansion of the
radiator will exactly match the expansion of its contents as the element
heats up.

I'm unconvinced by screwfix's line "plumbed on non-plumbed towel
radiators". Do commercial oil-filled heaters have an air space for
expansion?

The pairing of heater and radiator you've mentioned do indeed have the
same power rating, but that means that to dissipate the power the
radiator will be at around 70 degrees C. The corollary to this is that
the running cost will be around 3p/hr, or say three quid a week, £150 a
year.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***