Rich256

Default Furnace shuts off prematurely

"Rod Dahl" wrote in message
The burner and fan shut off just as it would normally. I keep the

filters
clean...it has both a wire mesh type filter and an electronic air cleaner
built into the return.
I suspect that you're right about it reaching the high set point and

cycling
off as a safety feature. So then , is there something that can be done
or adjusted so that it will reach the thermostat setting in one cycle or

is
this the way it has to be? It's not a big problem, I've just always
been curious about it.
Thanks to all who responded.

If it reached the high safety point then the fan should continue to run. I
think there are often two switch settings. One as to when the burner turns
off and another for when the fan will turn on and off.

For example there may be a fan on switch setting of 125F and a fan off of
100F. The high temperature limit setting might be about 180F.