John Laird

Default Aldi DIY offers next week:

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:03:13 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Eric The Viking wrote:
Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did the
maths and it works out 11.5p per pie! In fact if you cut them in half they
work out at just under 6p a snack.

What are you, an anorexic wasp? For a normal adult male human, that's
69p per snack.

I think I'd go along with the suggestion that half a pie is a bit miserable,
but a whole box is overdoing it, surely ? [Mind you, I was known to eat
3-packs of Creme Eggs with a pint of tea in my youth.]

Better value can be had by popping into Sainsbury's and collecting 2 6-packs
of Mars bars. Not only have they been £1.18 for a while, at the moment they
are on 2 for £2, and when I looked at my bill, someone had goofed on the
EPOS system and had programmed the multibuy reduction at 56p, not 36p. So I
paid £1.80 for 12 Mars bars, or 15p each. Yes, I know they're slightly
smaller than the standard size, but suspect that must be a staggeringly
cheap way of buying calories. 242 of them according to the wrapper.

Lidl have (probably) the same apple pies at the same price. They're not at
all bad. As indeed is a lot of their stuff. I stock up there on basics,
and then head to Tesco or Sainsbury for a wider choice of what's missing.

--
"Bother," said Pooh as he deleted his message base.