Anna Kettle

In article ,
says...

The other point is that getting decent prices is NOT just about getting
a trade account. You may find yourself getting only a trivial discount
compared with other (ie big) trade customers; you can often pay cash and
get trade prices. And there are a lot of people in the building trade
who do just that, regularly.

Agreed. At my local Jewsons I mutter the magic words 'Cash Trade' and
get their standard discount. I don't buy enough stuff there to get any
super discounts. I asked them once if there would be any advantage to me
in getting a trade account with them and they said there is no advantage
financially, but it would be handy if I want to send the teaboy to pick
up materials. As I'm the teaboy I didn't bother

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs