Default How can I open a trade card/account

Like many people here, I am a big DIYer. I am now doing friends and at
this rate should give up the day job !

No, that will never happen. So I am looking at getting access to trade
prices as a 'normal JOE'. It seems everyone has a different trick.

So far I've managed to gleem the following

- Open a bank account in the name of the company.
- Don't bother registering as a Ltd no point
- Use bank as a reference
- Open you have a card from one, use it to get others.
- Visit them during a normal working day. Avoid early AM
- Cover your mobile in dust, paint and scratches
- Ensure your work clothes are filthy in dust, paint cement

The next step for me is to get a trade card. I'm not looking for any 30
days credit. Just the discount. Can anyone recomend a merchant thats
the easiest to get one.

The projects I need the discounts for are
- TILING (Topps Tiles offer %40 off their bulk prices)
- Bathroom (seems plumbcenter is what people recomend)
- Flooring (carpet..not sure about who/where for this

In terms of previous posts, I have already noted the screwfix and
wickes can offer good prices depending..

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....7eca3409 27d0