william kossack

got some info from Teknatool

circut board upgrades will be available to upgrade older DVRs to the XP
controls ($300). Some of the things I've heard is the new boards will
give more power to the older DVRs (10%) at low rpm settings and other
features such as newer controls.

The XP headstock is larger with improved windings to give substantially
more power. The XP head will fit on the old bed so if you really wanted
you could put the XP head on your old bed but I bet the lions share of
the cost of the XP is in the headstock.

Tony the Turner wrote:
According to Robert Sorby's new catalogue, the Nova DVRXP has replaced
the DVR3000 which is said now only to be available on a limited basis.
On the face of the pictures, the XP seems to have got a fancy new bed
in a shiny silver as opposed to the dull grey. More interestingly, the
motor is stated to have 5 pre-set speeds together with increased torque
at low revs. Despite the colour change, the headstock looks just like
the old one. Wonder if Teknatool will offer an upgrade? Has anyone more
news?