George

"Dick" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yes, the bed is bigger and stronger - not that I have heard of anyone
breaking the old one.
The START button gets an instant start - no more checking the body
parts before getting going.

Looks like a standard casting they outsourced, doesn't it? Question is
whether the cooling of a Chiwan casting will be consistent and adequate.
Had a number of failures of castings on Grizzly equipment in our HS shop,
and they were _very_ coarse-grained.

Does the start give a "soft" ramp up, or an instant grab and go? Not that
I'm interested in replacing the 3000 head right now, but with the pin chuck,
soft start would be nice. I get heavy chunks spinning by hand before
switching now, but sometimes I forget.