Default Gravity Fed Oil Pump?

Our oil tank used to sit up high on concrete blocks, however we were
recently advised by the man who serviced our boiler that we could
happily site the oil tank on the floor and the boiler would pull the
oil through. This we have done - we were having some ladnscaping done
and took the opportunity to move it slightly and put it on slabs - this
was done by the landscapers.

I have just tried to bleed the boiler (something I have done before
myself) but with no success. I phoned another heating engineer who
told me that my boiler must be gravity fed and the tank shouldn't sit
on the floor - I'm inclined to agree with him and think I was badly
advised first time.

My boiler is a trianco and the burner is Riello/RBL.

The new chap is suggesting putting in a different burner as you cannot
fit a different pump to the burner I've got. He can fit a recon one
for =A3200. This seems fair to me and I think is what I'm going to go
for.

I would be grateful for opinions on this in case I am being badly
advised again. I could go and argue the toss with the original man who
advised me in the first place, but I don't think I will have a leg to
stand on.