Marcos Scriven

Default Chasing cable for wall mounted plasma

Stephen Gower wrote in message ...
Marcos Scriven wrote:

To hide the power cable and AV cable (a single cable which splits at
both ends, one with a DVI like plug, the other an audio plug of some
sort.)

Are you sure this is proprietary? It would be so much neater if
you could have the chased cable ending in a wall plate at each end
that you can plug into.

Here's a picture of the cable:

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/pdp504/pdah03lrg.jpg

The video part is definitely DVI, but I'm pretty sure the wiring
inside it is proprietary. It would be quite a task to wire up a DVI
wall socket, if indeed one existed. Also, I've no idea what the audio
part is. Never seen a plug like it.

Anyway, I haven't got answers for all your questions, but I've been
doing a lot of chasing to upgrade the place we bought.

2) I am not sure what to do when it gets to the skirting boards. They
are pretty old (probably 1900-1905), and I can't see an easy way to
pry them from the wall. They are a good 100-150 mm high, and 15mm
deep. I just need to get that extra distance *behind* the skirting
boards, down into the floor board void (which I can get to with the
huge 1 metre crawl space underneath)

Get a long drill bit and drill down at as close to parallel with
the wall as you can behind the skirting board - don't try to remove
it.

5) Will I be able to get a flat enough finish with polyfiller, at
least after it's covered with lining paper?

You'd be better with a bag of one-coat plaster - certainly going to
be cheaper. Covering over a single chased duct it is fairly easy
to get flat enough.