Asimov

"QJD1" bravely wrote to "All" (13 Sep 05 02:56:20)
--- on the heady topic of "TFT Fujitsu x151f: How to reduce brightness?"

QJ From: QJD1
QJ Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:341989

QJ Hello.

QJ I have recently aquired an older second hand TFT monitor, Fujitsu
QJ x151f. Otherwise it works perfectly, but there is one major problem.
QJ The display is far too bright even when the contrast and brightness
QJ controls are turned down to zero. If luminosity is further reduced
QJ from the video card to acceptable elevel, the display starts to
QJ flicker. I'm now looking for methods to reduce the luminosity of this
QJ TFT display to a level, where one can use it and work with it without
QJ becoming blind (or at least without headaches and serious pain in the
QJ eyes).
QJ Any suggestion to electronically or mechanically make the display
QJ usable is appreciated.

There may be issues with tube biasing. Perhaps some off value
resistors or supply voltage. Turning down g2 might do it in a pinch.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... You mean 15" sparks are SUPPOSED to come out of this thing?!?