Jumpster Jiver

mac wrote:

Mike W. wrote:

Most reputable tool dealers (Snap-On, Mac etc) can sell you most any type
bit. What does the screw in question look like? Is it a Torx with center
post?

"mac" wrote in message

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the
internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a
security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be
removed to get to the connections. If anyone knows where I can obtain
the tool I need, I would greatly appreaciate your help. Thanks. Mac

No, not torx like headlite screws on auto. Hard for me to describe, but
the screws have a center sorta like torx but with 3 arms slightly
spriraling to the outside of screw. Mac

Do you mean sorta like a philips head, but with only three wings instead
of four and they appear to be slightly angled?
If so, it's called a tri-wing and is available in many places such as...

http://www.flexibleassembly.com/dyna...led.php?ID=191

http://www.fastener-warehouse.com/in...3f6305b8405b37

http://www.action-electronics.com/ezpower.htm

I have not bought from any of those companies, just found them through a
goog search.