Peter Charles Fagg

Default My tribute to Keith Rowley

In the September issue of "Woodturning" magazine I learnt that Keith
Rowley had died.

If it had not been for his writing of the book "Woodturning a
Foundation Course" I would have given up 15 years ago ever considering
woodturning as a hobby or as a business. All those years ago I propped
his book against the wall behind my then, very basic and cheap lathe,
and followed almost word for word his descriptions for turning bowls.
To say I am indebted to his expertise could never suffice in satisfying
the gratitude I feel for his most excellent tutoring.

I never met him and now it is too late but I would have liked to say
thankyou to someone who made an enormous impression on my life.

There must be thousands of turners around the world for whom the name
Keith Rowley is synonimous with tutoring in woodturning.

Regards,
Peter Charles Fagg
Freshwater, Isle of Wight,
United Kingdom.