Ignore this poster. It's a troll.

Van Chocstraw wrote:
I'm attempting to locate a problem on my Dell D1025TM UltraScan
(Trinitron) monitor. I posted about it a week and a half ago. I got
the D board out and am checking for bad solder joints.

I'm not sure if these should be re-soldered or not. If so, what's the
best way to get the crud off the pads and surrounding areas? Will
acetone do it?

http://www.eztapes.com/d1025tm/

Is the residue rosin that has seeped out of the solder itself as a
result of thermal cycling over a period of years? I notice that all of
these solder joints are for components that get hot while the monitor is on.

I realize there may be other cold solder joints that don't appear to
have anything wrong with them at first glance, unlike these, but these
got my attention first. I realize these may not be "cold" at all.

Appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

VCS