Kevin

Default Replacement Beading for UPVC Window.

Some time ago I moved the windows at the back of the house into
position in the new extension. Most went OK but the Kitchen window was
difficult and I ended up damaging a length of beading used to keep the
glass in place. I put it back with a temporary bodge, incorporating
some small pieces of the broken beading but now is the time to try and
put it right.

The problem is that I don't know where to start looking for the correct
type of beading. I have asked a local window manufacturer but he
claimed never to have seen the same type of beading before. I asked a
builder friend and he got hold of a length for me, but although it is
the correct size, the profile is different and it will not clip into
the frame. Not sure if it's relevant but this particular window
incorporates a tilt/turn casement and all of the beading is internal to
the house.

I believe I now have three options :-

1. Replace the entire window (expensive but may end up being the only
realistic option).

2. Continue trying to source a replacement beading of the correct type.
(I can't wait too much longer and as stated above I don't really know
where to begin looking).

3. Try to make use of the ill-fitting piece that my friend gave me. I
believe I could trim this piece so that it will sit at the correct
angle, but I would then have to glue it into place somehow. If I mess
it up, then I will have to settle for the first option. What's the
best thing for glueing two pieces of UPVC together ?

Anybody like to offered considered opinion on this self-inflicted
problem.