nambucca

Default Planning Application: Late Objection

"M" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

We applied for Planning permission for a two storey extension on our semi-
detached house about eight weeks ago.

After the consultation period was over the council wrote to us saying

there
had been no objections but he (the planning officer) would not approve the
scheme in its current form and so we had to make some major changes to the
design.

We only just found out that the planner was happy with the changes but
they had received an objection from a neighbour about the 1st floor
window which the planner considers to be a valid objection. However,

since
we are only two working days away from the final decision, it is far too
late for us to amend the plans.

My question is: Does anyone have any ideas how we could avoid having to
resubmit the planning application and start the whole process off again?

Also are objections received after the consultation period finished valid
anyway?

TIA, M

You may not be aware
You do get a 2nd bite of the cherry though without paying a new fee
So ask for a meeting with the planners .......see what amendments they want
........adjust the drawings and you should get permission

However I am very surprised that if your plans originally met with approval
by the planner that just one objection would oust it .........I will bet the
objector twisted the arm of your local councillor to bend the planners ear