Robin Cox

Default Planning Application: Late Objection

"M" wrote in message
om...
My question is: Does anyone have any ideas how we could avoid having to
resubmit the planning application and start the whole process off again?

It seems like the planners won't grant permission for the plans you have
submitted. If you want permission, you will either have to submit amended
plans or appeal against their decision to refuse. I believe that if you withdraw
the application while you amend the plans and then resubmit them
you won't have to pay a second application fee (BICBW).

Also are objections received after the consultation period finished valid
anyway?

Yes - most authorities will accept representations right up until the day
the decision is made.

I have attended evening planning meetings where relevant letters and faxes
of objection received by the planning office *that same day* are read out.

Robin