Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:51:38 +0000 (UTC), Peter Hughes
wrote:

Popped into the local B&Q today and found them selling their Performance
Pro 10" portable table saw for a tad under £50 (claimed £75 off). On
top of this it's a 10% discount weekend, so it seemed rather rude not to
buy one at £45.

You would have been better off being rude.

So, have I bought a donkey, or with a little careful setting up can it
be useful? Hints/ tips etc? I can already see the guide is only
clamped at one end so is not reliably exactly square, and a few test
cuts show the blade bends off vertical quite easily so it don't look too
good!!

Peter

If there is a way to fasten the fence at both ends or replace it with
a better one, then you might be able to address that issue.

A decent blade is almost always an improvement but could cost more
than the saw.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl