Greg O

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message
Do the homework with the town/county/whoever.

I tried. The village guy wasn't much help. The only requirement is a
100.00 connect fee. None of the other things you mention are required.

I live in a small town, so there's not much in the way of inspections and
big-city requirements. I'm just wondering what's common for an
installation of the type I described.

PVC or ABS pipe is common, depending on where you live. PVC is used almost
exclusively where I live, at my dad's ABS prevails. Use what ever in common
in your area.

One thing you may want to know is how deep the main is in the street. If
your sewer is lower than the main you will need a lift pump for the sewer
line to "lift" it to the main.
Greg