QJD1

Default TFT Fujitsu x151f: How to reduce brightness?

Hello.

I have recently aquired an older second hand TFT monitor, Fujitsu x151f.
Otherwise it works perfectly, but there is one major problem. The
display is far too bright even when the contrast and brightness controls
are turned down to zero. If luminosity is further reduced from the video
card to acceptable elevel, the display starts to flicker. I'm now
looking for methods to reduce the luminosity of this TFT display to a
level, where one can use it and work with it without becoming blind (or
at least without headaches and serious pain in the eyes).

Any suggestion to electronically or mechanically make the display usable
is appreciated.

Best Regards
QJD1