Michael McNeil

Default Angled bricks/ 'Squints'

"Benda Menda" wrote in message ...
Anyone out there had any experiences of these?
I require a few for a conservatory I'm building (135' corners), I'm not
having much success on the small numbers involved. I have been quoted £60
for 20 off bricks (my own) to be 'cut and bonded', could this be a DIY job?
What is used for the bonding of bricks?, some epoxy or the like?

I'm not sure what the term you are referring to is. Brick bonding is a
matter of working out the gaps in between to ensure equal overlaps
with the next courses. The joints have to run perpendicular. The
cutting probably involves not only angling but cutting to the right
length for bonding.

You can buy a small grinder and a diamond blade to do the job yourself
for about #30. No guarrantee on the workmanship though but you get an
angle grinder with a diamond blade free with every conservatory.

Now tell me where my quid sign has gone and went!