Set Square

Andy Hall wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:52:10 GMT, newman wrote:

I am replacing some kitchen plumbing with Speedfit plastic pipe and
fittings. Does the plastic pipe need insulating against frozen pipe
problems which I have had in the past in this location?

Regards

If the location is such that the pipes were subject to freezing
before, then they still will be. Plastic pipe conducts heat less
quickly than copper, so the water will cool less quickly, but the
effect of insulation is to slow that down considerably further.

Personally, I would insulate this if there was a problem before.

Do the pipes get pushed out of the fittings if they *do* freeze?
--
Cheers,
Set Square