Jim Yanik

Keith wrote in
. 63.158:

I've got an old stone & sand basement that has fleas really, really
bad from the previous owner (well, her cat). When I first moved in, a
10-second trip to the basement would mean at least 40 fleas on me by
the time I made it back to the top of the basement stairs. I've tried
bug bombs, followed by the last 9 months with a professional pest
service who comes all the time (I call them every time I go down there
because I always have at least 5-10 fleas jump on me). They have tried
every chemical they have legal access to use, but nothing has worked.
No pets (or people) use the basement, right now it is useless space.
The pest control service has expressed some concern about the total
amount of pesticide they have sprayed in the last year- the only
reason they haven't stopped altogether is because the area they are
spraying isnt living space.

So now I'm stuck with these invincible fleas. Does anyone know of any
alternative methods I should try? So far I haven't gotten any good
ideas, and the funniest suggestion I've gotten was from a co-worker
who suggested throwing a few dozen cats in the basement as "flea
sponges", then carting the cats out. I'm an animal lover, so I wont
take that suggestion seriously ;-) but I am looking for real
options...

Thanks,
Keith

They now make growth regulators that stop the growth cycle of fleas and
other insects,the sprays last for 6 months or more.The stuff I have is
called Enforcer Flea spray for homes.it cost about $10 at Home Depot.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik